Oil & Fuel Hydraulic leak

/ Hydraulic leak #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
Been away from this forum for a while. We sold our farm and have moved to a place where I no longer need my DK45SE HST. I was just moving the last few heavy pieces of statuary before getting ready advertise the tractor for sale and I noticed a dark spot on the ground underneath the area on the right side of the rear axle.
Unfortunately, I left all my KIOTI manuals at the old farm with the intention of getting them later, but things have gone sour with the new owners and I may not be successful recovering the manuals.

I will try to get some photos to posts in the next day or two but am hoping some one has run into this before, can give me some advise and direction on what to look for first and that this is a quick and easy fix.Tha

Thanks for any ideas.
Bob

/ Hydraulic leak #2  
The way I trace leaks is I clean all traces of oil from lowest point to highest point. This usually tells me what is leaking.

/ Hydraulic leak
Thanks seacap
I had a few minutes today and was able to crawl under and behind the tractor with your "find the highest point" advice in mind.

Now my challenge is to describe it accurately so instead, I also took a few pics which I hope will save 1,000s of words.

I wasn't able to see any oil higher than this but ....

Any advice or suggestions appreciated

Leak2.jpg Leak 1.jpg

Thanks Bob

/ Hydraulic leak #4  
I guess I will crawl under mine tomorrow and see if I have the same valve. Off the top of my head I would say a worn O-ring. Good photos.

/ Hydraulic leak
Worn "O" ring sounds like it should be easily fixable. Tractor is still under warranty for another few months but the dealer I bought from is closed and the next closest is about 90 minutes away. I have not contacted the new dealer yet and I don't have a trailer to float the tractor, so I will have to see if I can negotiate a "house call" with one of their mechanics.

Bob

/ Hydraulic leak #6  
I hate to state something wrong, or what may be obviously wrong, but is that the cover on the auxiliary (remote) hydraulic unit? If so, take those nuts off and look at the o-rings before you pay someone to come out 90 miles. If that's what it is, it isn't magic, I had it off when I added another hydraulic remote. There's no parts that will come flying or springs or anything. --- If that's the part. :) Good Luck

/ Hydraulic leak
I believe that is the cover for the auxillary hydraulic remote as seem on page 10-80 in the service manual. I did manage to find an electronic copy of that)

Having never done any work on this area before, I have some questions:

1. do I just remove the cover (by undoing the two nuts)?
  2. what should I see when the cover is off?
  3. any gaskets or other things to look for?
  4. are the O-rings held on by that cover?
  5. are they standard sized O-rings or do I need to get them from a KIOTI dealer?
  6. is there a "While I have it apart I should also check ......" suggestion?

Don't have any problem trying to do this but I don't want to immobilize the tractor right now if I can limp along for a few weeks by just topping up the hydro fluid.

Thanks for any ideas.

Bob

/ Hydraulic leak #8  
Haven't had to take mine apart so I have no words of wisdom to pass to you. Good luck.

/ Hydraulic leak
Auxiliary Hydraulic Remote

Thanks seacap
I could really use some advice from someone who knows what I will find when I start taking things apart.

HELP!

/ Hydraulic leak #10  
Yeah it's just a cover I don't know how to describe the function but there are just holes or passageways for the oil flow. There are just some o rings sealing around those hole/ passageways. I believe the o rings are actually in a slot on the remote hydraulic unit and the cover is machined smooth. Then you will just need to match the crushed or pinched oring and replace it. Much better than a service call. Some others tell you to replace them all but I haven't been burned bad yet reusing o rings that still look good, not deformed. Go for it and thank me tomorrow. If you've said your prayers and always eaten your vitamins you might be lucky enough to just put the orings in place - if one isn't seated right. Good luck.