At a 178 hrs

/ At a 178 hrs #1  

landedakioti

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota L4060 hst
At 178 hrs on kioti dk40se . Sense the first week owning it a year ago it has not started more times then it been running. Again today it wouldn't start cleaned everything still wouldn't start. Spend 4hrs trying to start tried everything . On the 5th hour finel got pissed and took a stew driver to the starter turned right over. Went to the non profit to get my rear blade and came home. Shut it off go to see if it would turn over with the key nothing. Again calling the dealer in the morning to see if they can come out know way to get it to them. I don't have 500.00 for them to come pick it up. Struggling to cover medical bills for our daughter . Wednesday I was going to level out a elder woman's drive way that's on a fixed income . For free and got a gravel company to donate 8yds to help level. Hope I can get this working . Father in law said after its fix its time to sell or trade it for a tractor that will start when it new. I have kept track it has 178 hrs but it should have 375 hrs on it s spent more time not starting and and working on it to get it to run.

/ At a 178 hrs #2  
Sorry to here you have had that many problems. I have 550 hours on my CK30hst and it's only partially failed me twice but it was my fault with bad fuel. I couldn't keep the rpms up, so I drained the tank, filter, and lines. Replaced with good fuel and no problems since. I did change my ignition switch once when the starting (turning over only) started to act up a little, but that was my fault again by leaving it out in a down pour. I hope you can get your problem fixed quickly and cheaply.

/ At a 178 hrs #3  
Ish, you've had a rough time with it, don't blame you for wanting out. Even though Kioti has a know issue with ignition switches, it seems strange you're going through so many of them so quickly. I'd start to look for other issues.

It's going to take some money to get into something else and that may be difficult given your current situation. If you can make it work, I'd be looking very carefully at LS.

/ At a 178 hrs #4  
Landeda, It could be the switch again but that seems hard to believe since you cleaned it so well and so recently. There are other things in that circuit, specifically a relay and electronics that prevent cranking if the PTO is engaged or the shift is not in neutral. Obviously, the screwdriver to the starter bypasses all that stuff. Maybe there is a glitch in the PTO circuit, the rheostat that senses neutral or the electronic logic (likely a "cruise unit"). I forgot what type DK you have (SE, HST I assume?) Another site member had trouble with the rheostat as I recall. I think he had to p;lay with the shifter to get it to believe it was in neutral.

Last edited:
   / At a 178 hrs #5  
Something I just mentioned in another thread and it may be worth it for you to check into is a Bobcat ignition switch. I don't think I have heard of anyone having problems with them.

/ At a 178 hrs #6  
Nathan;

I seem to recall that a few months ago Kioti arranged for Whittemore & Sons to send a mechanic to your home to test/replace switches, relays, and glow plugs. That sounds like excellent service from a dealer that did not sell you the tractor. They must be surprised to hear that the switch is gone again. Is that your third switch? You seem to have more than your fair share of recurring ignition switch problems. I've never cleaned my switch, and it reliably starts every time. You may want to consider an inexpensive temporary garage. ShelterLogic - Portable Garages - Fabric Shelters and Structures

You mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you had applied for a $90,000 government grant. Any news on that application? That would certainly help with the cost of repairing the tractor.

/ At a 178 hrs
Nathan;

I seem to recall that a few months ago Kioti arranged for Whittemore & Sons to send a mechanic to your home to test/replace switches, relays, and glow plugs. That sounds like excellent service from a dealer that did not sell you the tractor. They must be surprised to hear that the switch is gone again. Is that your third switch? You seem to have more than your fair share of recurring ignition switch problems. I've never cleaned my switch, and it reliably starts every time. You may want to consider an inexpensive temporary garage. ShelterLogic - Portable Garages - Fabric Shelters and Structures

You mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you had applied for a $90,000 government grant. Any news on that application? That would certainly help with the cost of repairing the tractor.

No we didn't get the grant the only thing I can think of now is try to sell our house to put a building up. Then we would rent a apt. With the hospital bill we don't have 400 for them to get it and my father in-law doesn't have it either the deal was he took over payment and we could use it and when we can take over the payments again to give it to the non profit but the way it's been acting like sense owning it after it fixed and before out of warranty will trade it in for A MF or NH. Or just buy to old tractors in the 80's when they were built tough. To bad I like the tractor. Kioti dealer need mobile service like the Kubota dealer here has. And they should have a loaner tractor.

/ At a 178 hrs
Thanks everyone haven't had time to deal with it sense post but I hope to soon. I hoping I can get it to the dealer somehow.