KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #1  

BILLBURN

Tractor
KABOTA
KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS
I HAVE A Kubota 3400 HST - IT'S BEEN A GOOD TRACTOR JUST SLIGHTLY UNDERBUILT FOR WHAT I DO - MY FRIEND WANTED A TRACTOR FOR HIS ACREAGE AND I RELAYED MY THOUGHTS ON THE KUBOTA - AND RECOMMENDED A KOITI AS I FELT THEY WERE BUILT BETTER - WELL HE BOUGHT A CK20S HST - WITH 25 HRS ON THE MACHINE THE HYDRAULIC PUMP SEIZED UP - UNDER WARRANTY THE DEALER REPLACES THE PUMP - AT 80 HRS THE HYD PUMP SEIZES AGAIN - DEALER REPLACES PUMP TO THE TUNE OF 6800.00 $ AS THEY CLAIMED THE PUMP HAD DAMAGED OTHER PARTS IN THE ACT OF SEIZING - STILL UNDER WARRANTY -- NOW WITH 160 HRS ON THE MACHINE THE PUMP SEIZES ONCE MORE - EVEN BEING UNDER WARRANTY THIS SEEMS TO ME TO BE A REAL ISSUE WITH KOITI - HAS ANYONE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS????? - THE DEALERS REP THAT SHOWED UP THE ANALYZE THE PROBLEM SAID THAT THIS SERIES OF TRACTOR HAS A KNOWN MANUFACTURERS DEFECT IN THE PUMP - THEY KNOW ABOUT IT AND A WORKING ON A FIX - TILL THE FIX DOES COME FROM KOITI THEY JUST HAVE TO REPLACE PUMPS - I JUST CAN'T WRAP MY HEAD AROUND WHAT HAPPENS IF THE FIX DOES NOT COME AND THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT - OUCH WHAT A LEMON ANYONE THAT HAS HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM COULD YOU E-MAIL ME AT -
mooneyes53@gmail.com
PS: BEING A ONE FINGER TYPER I STICK TO THE UPPER CASE - IT'S JUST EASIER - NOT YELLING AND NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS ( YELLING ) JUST TO OLD TO ADAPT TO USING THE TWO CASES

Last edited:
   / KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #2  
I posted the info below on your other thread. Reposting here just in case you didn't see it. When you type in all caps it is concidered yelling. Not a big deal, just very hard to read. I think it would be better if you just typed in all lower case instead, just use punctuation. It would probably be easier to read. hope you get an answer to your question soon. Also :welcome: Thanks:

Yes please don't type in all caps. It makes it very difficult to read. I believe you typed your email address wrong too. Shouldn't it be gmail.com and not gmasil.com. Just didn't want anyone to have problems emailing you.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #3  
Wow, that sucks for your friend. I've read a lot of threads on TBN over the years and I've never heard a seized hydraulic pump on any Kioti let alone a CK20. My advice to your friend would be to have it fixed and RUN (yes I'm yelling that :)). I had what I considered a lemon CK30. It never actually broke to the point it left me stranded, but was a constant disappointment. I traded to a DK45 and after owning it the same amount of time, have no issues with it. I'd see what Kioti and the dealer would do to get him out of that tractor and into another one.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS
Thanks for the input - the dealer actually did make him an offer to dump it - the deal he offered was - they would for 20,000.00 and his 150+ hr ck20s hst they would trade him up to a ck27 hst - what a deal " not " as the ck27 new only runs around 18,000.00 - my opion was they were trying to get out of a bad deal with the hope he'd bite on this super deal they were giving him - i told him to get it done up on the warranty and sell it quick - just not sure what he should get to replace it - my 3400 kubota has 690 hrs on it and to this point it's been trouble free - it's used most every day in our landscape business - it's a great machine for easy access around new building sites as it fits through a 5ft 4in opening - thanks for the response Bill

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #5  
What about having it fixed then trading it in on a different make tractor, like a Kubota?

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #6  
Well, I'd tell him to look at it in pieces. Ask the dealer what he's getting for a trade for the CK20 and compare that to the price he paid for it. Next I would ask to see the selling price of the CK27. Dealers of all kinds always want to give you one tidy little number and it usually means you're getting screwed. You need to look at each part to see if one (or both) are out of line. I would personally be trying to get the Kioti sales rep involved and push my case that there's a major issue with the tractor and that is the only real reason he want to make a trade. I got 94% on my CK30 after 1 year and 135 hrs, I would expect this dealer and/or Kioti to work something out to be fair in a difficult situation. My experience working directly with Kioti is they were very fair (completely unrelated to my trade or what I got for it).

If he was going to trade, I'd personally lean to the CK30. It's almost the same price and identical in every way with a few extra hp. They are much heavier than your L3400 and it's a lot of tractor for 27 hp. Personally, I think the CK35 is the way to go for that frame, but at that point you're pretty close to a DK 40 in price.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #7  
700+ hours on my CK20HST, zero problems so far.

/ KOITI CK20S HST REAL PROBLEMS #8  
Yeah I think he just got a lemon. Ask for another ck20. Hundreds in use with no issues.

Yeah I think he just got a lemon. Ask for another ck20. Hundreds in use with no issues.

Thanks Gitty -- I really do think there is something out of alignment with his tractor - something had to have gotten bent twisted or a bushing damaged during the first pump failure - as to have three pumps go is more than a coincidence , you just don't get three bad pumps unless you're the most unlucky beggar in the world -

Thanks - kiotiken - this whole thing with the dealer is just nuts - my advice to him is get the darned thing repaired on warranty and sell it quick - take what you can that is fair and cut your losses before the warranty runs out - then he can try a bigger model - at this time he's a tad gun shy of kioti though - the ck30 being heavier to me and my uses is not a real benefit though as the kubota 3400 has a footprint of 2.5 lbs per sq in which allows us to drive over a finished lawn even with the front bucket loaded and not damage the lawn - In his position he uses it in his organic gardens and a heavier machine in our damp climate here on Vancouver Island would turn things into a bit of a mud groove - the ck20 was ideal for him weight wise - just that it's turned into a nightmare for him - thanks for the input - Bill
ps: does anyone know if the remainder of a warranty in a sale istransferable ?