Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Ck weird electrical.

My CK27 has 80 hours and has run flawlessly for the year and a half I've had it. I just noticed 2 weird electrical things.

1) headlight switch. In the off position the lights are on. Key or no key. In position 1 they are off and in position 2 they are on.
    2) glow plug light does not go out after 8 second. It will stay on for 60 seconds if I leave it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Default Re: Ck weird electrical.

glow plug would be your timer relay. light problem is weird.
    Murph ------------

Ya the headlight thing is a mystery. I put the tractor away and the next morning it wouldn't start. I charged the battery and as it charged the headlights went on. It was clear at that point, the headlights being on was what caused the battery to die. I immediately checked the switch and it was in the off position. I turned it to position 1 and the lights went off. Position 2, they went back on. After charging I went to start and noticed the glow plug light wouldn't turn off. The timing clearly indicates the 2 problems are related.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Ghost in the machine. Do you have a Service manual? I have one but its for the DK series.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by pickeringchris View Post
    Ya the headlight thing is a mystery. I put the tractor away and the next morning it wouldn't start. I charged the battery and as it charged the headlights went on. It was clear at that point, the headlights being on was what caused the battery to die. I immediately checked the switch and it was in the off position. I turned it to position 1 and the lights went off. Position 2, they went back on. After charging I went to start and noticed the glow plug light wouldn't turn off. The timing clearly indicates the 2 problems are related.
    Chris my first thought is water/corrosion in a connector somewhere. Any chance of that? A service manual is a must for this.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Yes I have a service manual. Not that I can understand it. I will probably contact my dealer since its still under warrenty.

The tractor is always stored in a heated garage. I did wash it a couple weeks ago. Any source of water would have had to come from washing it. Is that enough to corrode something?

I have the manual opened on electrical system. I think I got the wrong manual. It's written in Chinese or something. Lol

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Only thing I can think of is maybe water accidently got sprayed on one of the connectors, and started corrosion or something, but I could be way off base here too. I wonder how close the electrical schematic is to my DK. I take it you are not used to reading electrical schematics.?
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Is this what you need James?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-1660248464-jpg   -image-4013120223-jpg   -image-3542481253-jpg  

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast