Ck weird electrical.

/ Ck weird electrical. #1  

pickeringchris

Gold Member
My CK27 has 80 hours and has run flawlessly for the year and a half I've had it. I just noticed 2 weird electrical things.

1) headlight switch. In the off position the lights are on. Key or no key. In position 1 they are off and in position 2 they are on.
2) glow plug light does not go out after 8 second. It will stay on for 60 seconds if I leave it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

/ Ck weird electrical. #2  
glow plug would be your timer relay. light problem is weird.

/ Ck weird electrical.
Ya the headlight thing is a mystery. I put the tractor away and the next morning it wouldn't start. I charged the battery and as it charged the headlights went on. It was clear at that point, the headlights being on was what caused the battery to die. I immediately checked the switch and it was in the off position. I turned it to position 1 and the lights went off. Position 2, they went back on. After charging I went to start and noticed the glow plug light wouldn't turn off. The timing clearly indicates the 2 problems are related.

/ Ck weird electrical. #4  
Ghost in the machine. Do you have a Service manual? I have one but its for the DK series.

/ Ck weird electrical. #5  
Ya the headlight thing is a mystery. I put the tractor away and the next morning it wouldn't start. I charged the battery and as it charged the headlights went on. It was clear at that point, the headlights being on was what caused the battery to die. I immediately checked the switch and it was in the off position. I turned it to position 1 and the lights went off. Position 2, they went back on. After charging I went to start and noticed the glow plug light wouldn't turn off. The timing clearly indicates the 2 problems are related.

Chris my first thought is water/corrosion in a connector somewhere. Any chance of that? A service manual is a must for this.

/ Ck weird electrical.
Yes I have a service manual. Not that I can understand it. I will probably contact my dealer since its still under warrenty.

/ Ck weird electrical.
The tractor is always stored in a heated garage. I did wash it a couple weeks ago. Any source of water would have had to come from washing it. Is that enough to corrode something?

/ Ck weird electrical.
I have the manual opened on electrical system. I think I got the wrong manual. It's written in Chinese or something. Lol

/ Ck weird electrical. #9  
Only thing I can think of is maybe water accidently got sprayed on one of the connectors, and started corrosion or something, but I could be way off base here too. I wonder how close the electrical schematic is to my DK. I take it you are not used to reading electrical schematics.?

/ Ck weird electrical.
Is this what you need James?

Attachments

• image-1660248464.jpg
    image-1660248464.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 183
  • image-4013120223.jpg
    image-4013120223.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 191
  • image-3542481253.jpg
    image-3542481253.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 220