Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights.

/ Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights. #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
As stated love the tractor but hate the factory front and rear cab lights.Guess I am spoiled,I have led work lights front and rear on my Kubota RTV 900 they are heads above the kioti cab lights.Granted I paid $200 bucks per set(2).Has anyone upgraded the factory cab lights to leds?If so what brand?Any pics?Thanks, coobie.

/ Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights. #2  
Its probably got something to do with them being wired downstream from other power draws.
For instance, most of your quality offroad lights, Pia, IPF, etc, come with their own harness and relays that you hook strait to the battery, so that the lights get clean power, strait off the battery with no voltage/amperage drop from going through the factory harness.

You could rewire them, or just get your LEDs.
I don't know anything about the leds other than they don't make any heat to melt snow.

My new Cab should be delivered tomorrow afternoon, I'll have to see how terrible they are;)

/ Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights. #3  
I don't have any problems with mine at all. Tones of light on my 2012.

The only complaint I have with the cab is that it is not strong enough. Parking on un even ground that is out just say 4"s I get locked into the cab. Lucky there are two doors to get out one of the two will open. If I use the left one some times it feels like I am going to break the latch off trying to open the door. If left parked and I open it from the out side no problem just tuff pressing the button. No problem with any door if parked level.

Cheers Don.

/ Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights. #4  
Your best bet is to change them out for LEDs is the stock ones are not bright enough. Just be sure to buy quality ones. An LED rated for 50, 000 hours doesn't mean anything if it isn't designed well to deal with heat and vibration.

/ Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights. #5  
I have a 2 yo DK45 cab and have used it thru 2 winter snow seasons.... the factory lights work great. can see everything i am doing just fine, and the heat melting off the snow packing on them is worth it. they get covered in snow in only a few minutes if turned off.

f i had leds where i live, id have to keep clearing off the lights.

if i ever change mine out, it will be for HID lights. now those will make leds look like night light.

/ Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights.
Ordered 4 new(cree) 6.57 inch X 4.21 X 2.87 leds .They are 2520 lumens to replace the factory cab lights.Guess I am just spoiled from using the leds on my Kubota RTV that I need the extra lighting on my Kioti tractor.coobie

/ Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights. #7  
hellow cookie. can you post a picture of your Kubota lights on

/ Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights. #8  
Ordered 4 new(cree) 6.57 inch X 4.21 X 2.87 leds .They are 2520 lumens to replace the factory cab lights.Guess I am just spoiled from using the leds on my Kubota RTV that I need the extra lighting on my Kioti tractor.coobie

What K value did your order? I own and operate an LED company and the best K value for the human eye is 5500K anything higher will appear shadowy and anything less with appear yellowy and faded out edges. This is because your eye has two parts rods, and cones. One for colour and day light the other for greys and night lights. You lean to much on one or the other with K value your perceived light will stress your eyes.

Cheers Don.

/ Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights. #9  
Coobie, care to fill us in on what lights, were you ordered them? I am looking to put some lights on my ROPS as I am tired of the headlights lighting up the bucket and nothing else.

/ Love my new 2012 Kioti cab tractor but don,t like the cab lights.
What K value did your order? I own and operate an LED company and the best K value for the human eye is 5500K anything higher will appear shadowy and anything less with appear yellowy and faded out edges. This is because your eye has two parts rods, and cones. One for colour and day light the other for greys and night lights. You lean to much on one or the other with K value your perceived light will stress your eyes.

Cheers Don.
They are 6500K