CK30 HST rolling in gear?

/ CK30 HST rolling in gear? #1  

Fugowwee

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
Ok this is going to sound very stupid but here I go any way. When my tractor was new I don't remember using the brakes to hold the tractor on hills when the tractor was running and in gear. I can seem to remember when I would let off the throttle going up or down hill it would come to a stop and hold. Now it wants to roll slowly ... Am I just remembering poorly? Just seems like I am using the brakes way more. I even seem to remember hopping off the tractor and having it stay put who knows maybe just a silly memory or maybe the tractor was just new and tight??? It now has about 160 hours on it. I love the tractor and I know thing change and I also know my memory sucks.

Thoughts anyone? Is it normal to have them roll?

Thanks,
Gene

/ CK30 HST rolling in gear? #2  
Are you sure the pedal is returning to center?

/ CK30 HST rolling in gear?
Pretty sure. This last go I rocked it a bit back and forth to see it it would stay put. Even gave it a tap backwards when pointed forward down hill.

/ CK30 HST rolling in gear? #4  
Mine held itself when it was new, it would come to a stop. Does yours not hold back at all?

So after reading about sticky HST pedals I went out and gave the tractor a good cleaning and sprayed some carb cleaner on the pivot then regreased the pivot and it is better. I think it was sticking ever so slightly but I'm going to keep track more closely of its behavior.

Thanks,
Gene

/ CK30 HST rolling in gear? #6  
Grease it really good.

/ CK30 HST rolling in gear? #7  
Maybe I'm new hydros, but this seems like a no brainer to me.......
If you're going to get off the tractor at anytime, even on level ground always.......ALWAYS put the tractor in neutral, ALWAYS lower and shut down equipment.....ALWAYS set the parking brake.

Sh** happens. Ya'know.

Still kick'n,
Randy

/ CK30 HST rolling in gear? #8  
Every hydro machine I have owned (3) will roll when you stop on a hill after some time passes. In other words, when you let off of the pedal, it will stop as it centers, but it will start to creep downhill as the pressure bleeds down. If you give it the opposite pedal it will stop for a while (depending on how steep this hill is) and bleed down again and start to roll downhill. If you don't set the brakes, /drop the rear ballast, or drop the bucket (or ideally do all 3), All of them will roll off down hill eventually. This has been my experience with New Holland, Kubota, and Kioti.

James K0UA

Thanks all. I have been out playing on the tractor and yeah it seems to be better now with the lever lubed but it also got me in the habit quickly of always setting the brakes. I generally drop the bucket and implements when stopped also. As was said crap course and better safe than sorry! Just nice to have it not roll a. Buch when I am on it just sitting there. :)

Later,
Gene