Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST

/ Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST #1  

southerniltractor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40se HST with FEL, Simplicity Landlord, JD130
Hi folks,

I usually perform all service work on my vehicles and equipment. That said, I need to take my tractor in for the 4wd solenoid to be replaced. While they have all the hydro oil out, I plan on having the dealer change that hydro fluid and filter as it is due for the 50 hour service. I'm delayed getting the tractor to him, and I want to change the engine oil here myself. Does anyone know of a high quality oil filter (WIX is my fav) available for this tractor?

Thanks,
Mike

/ Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST #2  
Wix 51324. Napa 1324

/ Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST
Thank you!

/ Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST #4  
   / Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST #5  
Wix cross reference was wrong on my Perkins too.

Or was it NAPA cross reference? I forget. Anyway, it was wrong.

/ Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST #6  
I took the filter back and the looked it up and the # was good so I will try another filter. It would not thread on the first time.

/ Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST #7  
I got an incorrectly marked Napa filter last year, that caused me all kinds of frustration. Ask them to grab a bunch off the shelf and compare the hole size to yours.

/ Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST #8  
Never ceases to amaze me how much grief guys will put up with to 'save' money.

You guys are worried about a filter screwing on a base. How about media properties, bypass valving and stuff that matters?

What is the cost per hour of the OEM filter used to the published drain interval?

/ Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST #9  
I got napa because it's SUBSTANTIALLY more convenient. The bobcat dealer is open m-f 8 to 4, when I'm always working. So, to get parts, I have to order or make a 1+ hour trip.

/ Engine Oil filter for 2011 DK40se HST #10  
Never ceases to amaze me how much grief guys will put up with to 'save' money.

You guys are worried about a filter screwing on a base. How about media properties, bypass valving and stuff that matters?

What is the cost per hour of the OEM filter used to the published drain interval?

I really not saving much as the filter is a Napa Golds series. The store is much closer to me and is open later on saturdays.

Rick, Where do you buy your filters and parts from for your car or truck? Do you go to the dealer?