Kioti LK3054 or LK3054SX?

/ Kioti LK3054 or LK3054SX? #1  

goodrotties

Tractor
2003 LK3054
Hello,
I'm the new owner of a Kioti LK3054 that has me and Kioti customer service scratching our heads. The serial number begins with an 8 which means it was built in 1998. The next three digits are 265 which, according to Kioti information, means it is an LK3054SX model. However, the underside (chassis the Kioti guy calls it) is painted metallic blue which I believe is original considering the tractor has only 355 hours. I'm told the chassis on SX models was painted grey, but it is possible some blue ones may have slipped through. Can anyone with a knowledge of both models provide me with other ways of identifying the difference--equipment, bolt patterns, that kind of thing. It's important to me because it represents a five horsepower difference and knowing the model will make buying some parts easier. Thanks in advance for your help.

goodrotties

/ Kioti LK3054 or LK3054SX? #2  
The 3054 had an aluminum hydraulic pump, as well as some of the early 3054xs's. Check the pump housing with a magnet to determine if it's cast or aluminum. My '04 3054xs had an aluminum pump that was changed out on warranty by the dealer. If yours has never been changed, it should have the aluminum pump. Other than that and the decals, they are all but impossible to tell apart. It was my understanding the '04 was the first xs series tractor?

/ Kioti LK3054 or LK3054SX?
Thanks for the reply. I checked the hydraulic pump with a magnet. It's cast iron, but I am the fourth owner so have no idea if it was replaced under warranty. So, the mystery of model number vs paint colors continues.

goodrotties

/ Kioti LK3054 or LK3054SX? #4  
I just checked the serial number on my '04 xs and it's D26500338 ;the D indicates '04 and it has the same first 3 digits as yours. I guess they changed chassis color in mid stream. I would suspect your's is an xs and if it is, my thought on '04 being the first xs is out the window

/ Kioti LK3054 or LK3054SX?
I just checked the serial number on my '04 xs and it's D26500338 ;the D indicates '04 and it has the same first 3 digits as yours. I guess they changed chassis color in mid stream. I would suspect your's is an xs and if it is, my thought on '04 being the first xs is out the window

Although my tractor serial number begins with an 8, indicating it was manufactured in 1998, I bought it as a 2003. Apparently many Kioti tractors spent years on the docks or in crates at dealers before they were finally sold. And then the dealers were allowed to register them with Kioti for warranty purposes using the sale date as the tractor date. Thus a tractor built in 1998 but sold in 2003 would be listed as a 2003 model. So, I guess my 2003 LK3054 is really a 1998 LK3054 and because the model digits are 265 it is really a LK3054XS. I'm still a bit confused, but happy for the additional (on paper) five horsepower. Anyway, it's a good and powerful tractor and happily runs my Chinese chipper as well as the 62 horsepower Ford 4400 I bought for the task so now I can sell the Ford and buy a backhoe for the Kioti.

goodrotties

/ Kioti LK3054 or LK3054SX? #6  
I have found that most manufactures of imported tractors will give you a "first sold" but not a "when manufactured " date. That was the case when I inquired on our 2004 Kubota b-2710. We bought it from previous owner of our place in 2006 with 89 hours on it. Now 520 hours. Great tractor though. It gets into places where our big tractor cannot.

/ Kioti LK3054 or LK3054SX? #7  
Wasn't one of the differences between the 3054 & the xs moving the shift lever to the column? If the shifter's not on the column it's probably not an xs.