3-Point Hitch CK20S 17hrs: The Honey Moon is over! First Problem.

/ CK20S 17hrs: The Honey Moon is over! First Problem. #1  

rider7767

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T264 with loader and implements
First and foremost, I use my tractors. I do not abuse them, but work them. I am a maintenance fanatic. I now have 17 hours on my new CK20S with manual transmission, and my tractor has been greased 3 times. Yesterday evening while pulling a box blade, my 3pt hitch started bouncing up and down at what ever level I put it at. It still lifts strong, but it bounces up and down when it reaches the top of the level set at. I checked the fluid level and it shows full. There are no leaks. It seems to be internal. Any thoughts? Am I doing something stupid? I guess I will see how the Warranty Works after having the tractor only 4 days. Buying a new tractor and having it fail after 4 days is somewhat disappointing.:thumbdown: I worked my 30 year old Yanmar YM1500 like a mule with only normal maintenance issues.:confused3:

Last edited:
   / CK20S 17hrs: The Honey Moon is over! First Problem. #2  
Is this the first time having the Box Blade hooked up? Bounce might be that MLS valve sensitivity needs adjusting for weight of attachment. It is not difficult to adjust, hardest part is getting the seat off. Here is the procedure. Make sure tractor is in neutral with brakes locked and Box Blade (heaviest attachment) is hooked up.
If you make this adjustment and it fixes the problem, be sure to call your dealer anyway to report it.
MLS sensitivity adjust.JPG

/ CK20S 17hrs: The Honey Moon is over! First Problem. #3  
Is this the first time having the Box Blade hooked up? Bounce might be that MLS valve sensitivity needs adjusting for weight of attachment. It is not difficult to adjust, hardest part is getting the seat off. Here is the procedure. Make sure tractor is in neutral with brakes locked and Box Blade (heaviest attachment) is hooked up.
If you make this adjustment and it fixes the problem, be sure to call your dealer anyway to report it.
View attachment 332714

Maybe a bad dealer prep job?

/ CK20S 17hrs: The Honey Moon is over! First Problem.
SSdoxie,
Thank you for the info. As fate would have it, I have to go out of town on a business trip for a week. I will try this fix when I get back, if the the dealer can't get it before I get back. I had a much heavier 4 foot bush hog on it for three days with out problem. The box blade is some lighter, and that may be the problem. Thanks again. Tony. I will let you know the out come.

/ CK20S 17hrs: The Honey Moon is over! First Problem. #5  
Nice tractor! Welcome to TBN. You don't have a problem with the tractor; possibly you have a minor 'break-in' adjustment issue, which should fit right in with your fanatical maintenance philosophy?
Could you come over and grease mine?:)
3x in 17 hours?! Wow.

Nice tractor! Welcome to TBN. You don't have a problem with the tractor; possibly you have a minor 'break-in' adjustment issue, which should fit right in with your fanatical maintenance philosophy?
Could you come over and grease mine?:)
3x in 17 hours?! Wow.
OK, Ok, Greasing three times in such a short period is over the top for most, but I was getting out all of the factory grease putting in Lucus high tacky. I intend on working the the dog poo out of this tractor. :tractor:

/ CK20S 17hrs: The Honey Moon is over! First Problem. #7  
Better to Grease than not to Grease, old Confusus saying.

/ CK20S 17hrs: The Honey Moon is over! First Problem. #9  
My smart mouth was about to say that the tractor had too much grease but, I don't really think that's the problem.
Good luck and welcome.:)

My smart mouth was about to say that the tractor had too much grease but, I don't really think that's the problem.
Good luck and welcome.:)
You sound like a man after my on heart. I have a bad case of "smart mouth" with a side of "stick foot in mouth".:thumbsup: