Traction kioti ck 30 hst

/ kioti ck 30 hst #1  

adcassidy

Tractor
kioti ck 30
front wheel drive shift lever stuck in 4 wheel position . what is best way to free up linkage?

/ kioti ck 30 hst #2  
Raise the front end with the bucket. Should then slide right out.

/ kioti ck 30 hst #3  
I find my 4x4 hard to disengage when it is bound up by opposing pressure from front to rear axle pressure and then stopped. This happens for me if stop during a sharp turn. The opposing pressure could be released by lifting the front end or by straightening the front wheels and backing up. If it doesn't switch out easy after these actions, then you have mechanical issues such as a bent linkage, rusted linkage, or internal damage. Keep in mind, these systems were designed to shift easy. I hope this helps.

/ kioti ck 30 hst #4  
In addition to the advice on opposing pressures etc, mine recently got stuck, really stuck the most in 7 or 8 years.

In the end, squirting a lot of moly grease, any kind of spray grease would work, all over the mechanism under the tractor and working the control.

Mike

/ kioti ck 30 hst #5  
As advised, release the binding pressure and greasing is a must. If the linkage has never been lubed, you may want to start with a penetrating oil first then after working the linkage loose, use a spray grease. Mine has been good by using a spray white lithium. The one big area to check when you follow the linkage is where the approx. one inch shaft enters and goes through the trans case. Mine was stiff and would sometimes be hard to shift until greasing. I do this in the Spring after Winter snowplowing and then again in the Fall. This was a common problem and you'll find this in prior posts.