Hyd Fluid

/ Hyd Fluid #1  

HTRDCowboy

Tractor
Kioti DK65
Well it's time to change the fluids in my DK65. I have the oil and the gear lub, but I'm not sure which hyd fluid to get. The products that are listed in the owners guide, are not available in my area. So I was wondering what everyone here is using in thier Kioti's? My dealer is still under construction so they don't have anything in stock yet, so for now I have to go to the local auto parts store.

I've been told the same hyd fluid used in any of the major tractor brands will work, but I thought I'd get ya'lls input first.

/ Hyd Fluid #2  
Does your manual recommend these?

Shell Donax-TD or TM
Mobile Fluid 350
Exxon Torque Fluid 56

/ Hyd Fluid #3  
Ronnie
I would agree that one of the other major brands tractor Hydraulic oil should work.

Here is a <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> dealer about 15 miles from Canton, TX.

Deen Implement Co.
303 Hwy. 64 E
Wills Point , TX, 75169
Phone: (800) 273-4183

If you chose <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> I would use UDT.

How many gallons does that size tractor require for the trans?

/ Hyd Fluid #4  
I ran into the same problem this past weekend. I finally did find one that was listed in my manual at NAPA. I replaced the screen in the filter also. My Kioti dealer uses plain Universal Tractor Fluid, no name brand. I declined to buy that from him. My 1914 has magnets in the filter and also on the largest of the five drain plugs. I let them all drain for about an hour. For some strange reason, my tractor took 23 quarts to come up to view window level, even though manual states 22. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Hyd Fluid #5  
I used valvoline unitrac fluid which was the only fluid listed in the manual for my lb 1914 that I could find. It's $42.00 for 5 gallons at NAPA. OUCH /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Hyd Fluid
Yep those are the ones. They're nowhere to be found in my neck of the words. We've got a local part store and a CarQuest, and niether carry those brands. I may go ahead with the universal hyd fluid, or wait til I can go to the big city and find some. I think I'd like to go with the Shell product since thats the type of oil I'm using.

/ Hyd Fluid #7  
Wal-Mart, Super Tech
Heavy Duty tractor hydraulic and transmission oil.

/ Hyd Fluid #8  
HTRDCowboy,

I use Shell motor oil, gear oil for the front axle, and universal hydraulic fluid from Sam's Club or Tractor Supply,,,, can't remember which place.

On the side of the 5 gallon bucket it has a list of tractors that it is suited for. No Kioti, but Kubota UDT is listed and that is good enough for me /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You'll need 3 buckets if memory serves me /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Price was $20 to $22 a bucket.
I'm seriously considering putting the hydraulic fluid in the front axle the next time. It sure didn't look like or smell like gear oil when I drained it.

Good luck, RedDog <font color="orange"> Kioti DK65 </font>

/ Hyd Fluid #9  
I asked that very same question to Kioti USA...here is their reply:

"These fluids can be purchased from any auto parts store. You can also use any universal tractor transmission hydraulic fluid, such as the one that you listed below. There is no SAE standard that you would need for the CK20 HST."

I used Traveller PREMIUM UNIVERSAL HYDRAULIC FLUID
from TSC...Kioti assured me this would be fine. I think the 5 gal bucket was on sale for $24.

Funny, mine took much LESS than what the manual said.

/ Hyd Fluid #10  
I used Coastal 'Multitrac Tractor Fluid' for the first hydraulic fluid/filter change. It can be safely used in the front axle as well. You can purchase it at AutoZone for around $28.00 per 5 gallons. It appears from their website that Coastal is a refinery that also private labels. Multitrac has UDT and other ratings. Coastal seems to be more popular down South. I've also used their EP moly grease, gear oil and ND30W oil with no complaints. There are probably many other manufacture brands that would work as well. Coastal