LED Lights for DK40HST

/ LED Lights for DK40HST #1  

drjay9051

Gold Member
Morriston, Fl. 40 miles west of Ocala. More cows
Tractor
Kioti DK 40 HST
Should have my new DK40 in about 10 days. Did forum search but could not find answer to this:

I want to mount LED to ROPS . Instead of new switch etc. can i just extend headlight wire up to ROPS mounting point and use headlight switch for the LEDS?

I don't care if headlights are inoperable as I found in my CK25 the stock lights are worthless. If I can use headlight wiring how do i deal with high/low beam. Is it two sets of wires per side and i just tape off the high or low?

Thanks

/ LED Lights for DK40HST #2  
Drjay9051:
You can run your LEDs off of your head lights, but I personally hate to break into factory wiring. There is a connection tuck away in the rear of the tractor which will provide a ground and Key-On power. It should be rated around 35watts as that is the typical rear light on a tractor. Depending on the LEDs you use, they should not use more than 5 to 7 watts per light fixture. (Check your lights for watts) You can mount a switch anywhere that is comfortable for you. :soapbox::tractor::tractor:Good luck.

This is the video I did on my lights: New LED lights on my Kioti CK20S - YouTube
Tony

/ LED Lights for DK40HST #3  
I stopped by Northern Tool yesterday for the first time in a while. They are now carrying 6 different types of LED flood lights for tractors/ equipment. The prices are not bad.