DK45SE modding ? (filling tires and adding remotes, what else?)

/ DK45SE modding ? (filling tires and adding remotes, what else?) #21  
I think mine was called the Homer Box.:eek:

I went to get a Orange one at HD and came back with a Black Metal one.. Orange metal would have been nice though!

Attachments

• toolbox.gif
    toolbox.gif
    136.3 KB · Views: 142
   / DK45SE modding ? (filling tires and adding remotes, what else?) #22  
I went to get a Orange one at HD and came back with a Black Metal one.. Orange metal would have been nice though!

There's always Chevy Orange in a spray can.;)

/ DK45SE modding ? (filling tires and adding remotes, what else?)
I'm pretty sure the Ag's and Ind tires are the same diameter, according to the service manual atleaast.
But what you need is a big hunk of ballast to use the loader safely. 1000+ lbs. Then you might find your R1 tires are fine on the front at max pressure.

I'll try upping my pressure to maximum (I think it's 22psi... I'm at 18psi) and use a big ballast, thanks :)

and you guys have top notch tool boxes, Black and Orange can fit anywhere, 2 nice color ;)

/ DK45SE modding ? (filling tires and adding remotes, what else?) #25  
You do realize that R4(IND) tires require a different rim.I do a lot of loader work,max out the fronts.

/ DK45SE modding ? (filling tires and adding remotes, what else?) #26  
Watch the pressure on the back, I run 15 psi in the back and am fine with a 1500+ bale on the back. Over 18 psi and you might risk punctures unless you have a heavy ply tire, been there. On the front with the FEL loaded up the pressure to the side wall limit and try to remember to lower psi when mowing in brush stubs.

/ DK45SE modding ? (filling tires and adding remotes, what else?) #27  
I max out my fronts and run 15# in the rears with my 60" snow blower on the 3 point when doing loader work and keep the bucket low.

/ DK45SE modding ? (filling tires and adding remotes, what else?) #28  
I am trying a few things for my DK45 cab. put a 4 in pipe to hold small chains in front of the brakes, put a 2x4 drilled out to fit over the studs behind the seat so a top tray from a tool box 7in wide and 17in or so long, and found a long plastic tray at a farm sale and with a foam block stretchs across behind the seat.
IMG_20131025_182533_150[1].jpgIMG_20131025_182620_928[1].jpgIMG_20131025_182609_769[1].jpg