3-Point Hitch intermittent weak lift

/ intermittent weak lift #1  

richard01

Tractor
kioti LB 2202
I own a Kioti LB 2202 and am having problems with the lift not working itermittently. This is the first tractor I have ever owned, so I don't have a clue as how to troubleshoot this problem or what I need to check. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ intermittent weak lift #2  
NEI (not enough Info), need a more descriptive post.

/ intermittent weak lift #3  
We do need more information, but the first step is to check the fluid level. Next look at the color of the fluid. Is it black, clear, or milky? If it is milky or black, change it. If the tractor was new to me, I would change the Hyd filter and oil just as preventive maintenance. It is easiest to troubleshoot the systems by steps. If the oil is good, the first step for me would be a pressure test at the pump while the problem is happening. There are a few things that could cause the pressure to drop. Bad pump, clogged filter, failed safety pressure release valve. This would be a place to start. Let us know what happens.

Intermittent weak lift make me think clogged filter, 3 point hitch control valve, or safety pressure release valve. Usually if a pump goes out, it goes out. I have never seen one get better own its own.

/ intermittent weak lift #4  
Everything rider7767 said and also check to make sure you're not dead heading your remote(s) (lever is in the on position with nothing connected).

/ intermittent weak lift #5  
Loader lift or 3pt lift.

If you had a hyd gage you could read the pressures and see if the 3pt, maxed out, is up to the task.

Otherwise, if the tractor relief is set at 2500 psi, and if the 3pt fully raised reads about 1500 psi, then the pressure is leaking off somewhere.

Could be cyl seals, valve spools, weak pump, relief valve clogged, staying more than it should.

/ intermittent weak lift
Thank you all for the advice. I'll keep you posted.