Open cab storage

/ Open cab storage #1  

BethelHntr

Gold Member
Tractor
JD X300, Harry Ferguson TE20, 2013 Kioti DK 40 SE.Shuttle
I am curious to what everyone does for storage of anything other than your favorite drink of choice while operating your open cab Kioti's, My DK has one place for a drink, That's it!!! What do you do with your phone, wallet (I don't like sitting on them) lunch, or anything else you have packed with you? One thing I am planning is upgrading the tool box to a wider one and maybe some extra cup holders.

Any personal mods you have done? Let's see um!

/ Open cab storage #2  
I have the same problem with the DK50 cab. If there is any fault with this unit, it is definitely the glaring lack of storage. Seems to me, they could have easily added a small glove box.

I've been looking for small item holders that affix to the cab glass with suction cups. But - I'd like to carry a hardcase for my shotgun and a small cooler. Any solutions that avoid damage to the interior plastic trim?

/ Open cab storage
I have the same problem with the DK50 cab. If there is any fault with this unit, it is definitely the glaring lack of storage. Seems to me, they could have easily added a small glove box.

Amen.... Where's the engineer when you need one.

/ Open cab storage #4  
I have a ammo case mounted to the right loader column via the existing hole near the top of the column. The bottom of the box rests on the loader support. See my early posts, 2009-'10.
Also using a Kolpin chainsaw holder attached to the ROPS rear holes in it's bracket, which is bolted to the frame.
Both of the above are non-cab mods and require NO drilling, or any modification of the tractor whatsoever.

/ Open cab storage #5  
I'm working on a couple - had to leave town on business- but expect to have them done this weekend. Will post pics when they are done.

The OEM tool box is kind of a joke. They somehow managed to make the tool box less functional than my F150's glove box- which is exactly that, a glove box. Well, it would hold a pair of gloves, before they put the owner's manual in there. It then became a glove box in theory only. I guess that is why they called it a glove box and not a "gloves box".

/ Open cab storage #6  
I have a ammo case mounted to the right loader column via the existing hole near the top of the column. The bottom of the box rests on the loader support. See my early posts, 2009-'10.
Also using a Kolpin chainsaw holder attached to the ROPS rear holes in it's bracket, which is bolted to the frame.
Both of the above are non-cab mods and require NO drilling, or any modification of the tractor whatsoever.

CM, can you post a pic of your saw mount? THanks much

/ Open cab storage #7  
OK. Will get it posted for 'ya, Murph. It works great - using it daily these days clearing some woodland. Use the same one on my ATV and that gives me two saws when in the woods, if my wife is helping me with branches, etc.
What was the other pic you asked me to post a while ago- I forgot, sorry; been travelling a lot lately....

/ Open cab storage #8  
CM, do you have a link to your "ammo box" tool storage pics? Thanks.

/ Open cab storage #9  
This should do 'ya.
Note, I got rid of the PVC tube supporting the ammo box by installing a piece of angle to take it's place.
To install a storage box in this location, put a bolt that will fit the loader frame hole into the hole from the front side of the loader's frame facing toward the rear and then put the angle support piece in place and then attach the ammo box and secure with a washer and locknut on the INSIDE of the box. DONE!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/196184-dks-storage-solution-success.html

/ Open cab storage #10  
Thanks CM. That won't work for me, since I've already used those bolt holes on the loader frame for arms supporting my homemade canopy. (Visible in this thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/282832-dk45s-canopy-advice.html )

Still on the lookout for the perfect toolbox idea. And chainsaw mount. I want to rip that little tiny OEM box off behind the seat. Maybe an ammo box mounted there? My DK45 has 555 hrs now and the seat is falling apart (any good recommendations?), but everything else works fine.

Marcus