Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #1  

ritcheyvs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45S
New: Apologies folks. I changed ddns providers and failed to update my links until just now. Sorry 'bout that. Scott

I just got some good news from Joel at Conestoga Diesel. In short, Joel reports success repairing a Kioti Doowan injection pump (IP) with broken gear teeth using the standard Zexel parts he has in stock.

By way of background, a number of Kioti owners with 2005-2008 model tractors reported injection pump failures and the cause was usually broken teeth on the gears that control the amount of injected fuel. I got interested because my tractor was identical to the one sherrym was trying to fix which had this problem. Several other owners reported similar failures. For tractors out of warranty, the only fix (according to Kioti) was to replace the entire injection pump, which cost about $1K-$2K just for the parts. On the plus side, an owner with good mechanical skills could do the job himself (herself). Also, some owners were able to buy the same injection pump from Bobcat for slightly less money. Bobcat has since stopped selling re-branded white Kioti tractors and I don't know what the parts situation is with Bobcat now. Some dealers on this list reported getting IPs repaired locally while other members reported that local Diesel shops would not touch their Kioti/Doown IP.

I started tracking Kioti IP failures reported on this website and made the information available to anyone who is interested NEW LINK:
https://kioti.ddns.net/Kioti_IP_Data

I had some prior experience with Diesel engines in cars and boats I have owned and I became aware of Conestoga Diesel through the Mercedes Benz Diesel community. By all reports, Conestoga has an excellent reputation. I contacted Joel Shenk, the shop manager at Conestoga, to see if they can fix the Doowan IPs in our tractors. At that time, Joel said they fix a lot of agricultural IPs, and could probably fix the Doowan IPs but he couldn't say for sure because he couldn't recall ever fixing that specific brand. Now he has. Here's what he said:

"Hi Scott,
I wanted to follow up on this conversation after receiving a Doowan injection pump from a Kioti this week. It had the teeth missing from one of the gears as you've reported seeing. We were able to repair the pump using Zexel parts which were in stock and an exact match. I can now say with confidence that we can indeed repair this problem for you and the other Kioti owners on tractorbynet. Were we to run into a situation where we needed some other hard parts such as plunger and barrel assemblies or delivery valves I would hope to be able to overcome that as well, but haven't made that determination conclusively at this point.

Thanks,
Joel Shenk
Shop Manager
Moose Diesel, formerly Conestoga Diesel Injection
1321 Byerland Church Road
[Willow Street, PA 17584-9776]
717-806-5561"
[https://moosediesel.com/]

So, for the next Kioti owner with a bad injection pump, I'd urge them to give Conestoga try before shelling out big$$$ for a new IP from Kioti.

Hope this helps a Pack member.

Scott

Last edited:
   / Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #2  
Good news! Thanks for following this important issue to a successful conclusion. Maybe you could ask the admin to make this thread a 'sticky' in the Kioti owner/operator forum?

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #3  
Good job Scott. I hope nobody has to take advantage of this information, but its good to know there is an option for someone who needs it. Thanks. :thumbsup:

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #4  
Good Scouting job. Thanks. CM is right we need to make this a stickey

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #5  
Thanks Scott. Great information to know should I ever need it. Thanks for posting.

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #6  
Thanks Scot. You have given this "07" owner some peace of mind.

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure
Here is an update/correction to Conestoga Diesel's web site:

Conestoga Diesel

The only change was adding www at the front end.

Last edited:
   / Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #8  
I made a request to 'sticky' this thread to the admin. Hopefully it will come to pass.:thumbsup:

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #9  
Any ballpark number on what Conestoga charges for the repair to the IP? I haven't had a problem myself but assuming someone with moderate mechanical skills could remove and reinstall the IP themselves, it would be a very nice option.

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #10  
It would depend on what parts it needs. I've spoken to the head guy, Joel a while back about an IP repair on a different brand tractor, where the IP was in need of hard to obtain parts. They did a good job finding what it needed. They test the pumps prior to disassembly, to get a baseline and after repairs to see where they are at. From my conversation with them they are very thorough and fair in their pricing/estimates. Give them a call to find out more.