DS4110 Block Heater Installation

/ DS4110 Block Heater Installation
Thank you for your help and advice,

I've been doing the cycle a few time and now it's seems ok.

David,

Did the heater kit come from Kioti?

When I bought my Dk40, my dealer told me that Kioti didn't offer a kit and said if I installed one of those heater it may void my engine warranty should anything go wrong. His recommendation was to install a lower rad hose heater, but I sooner use a proper block heater.

If your kit was from Kioti, could you share the part number? I got through last winter without a heater, but I would feel better if I could plug the tractor in on those really cold days.

Jason

I bought my block heather from a Kioti dealer, it's Phillips & Temro p/n 3100002 and the p/n for the bushing adapter is C28125 (I don't know the manufacturer). I took some pic with a caliper. I would not use those pic to machine one though, it's not an accurate tool like a micrometer, I took them for reference only. The other reason not to machine one is I don't know which type of steel the used.

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

At the begin of the taper

DSC_0188.jpg

in the middle (+ or -)

DSC_0189.jpg

at the end of the taper

DSC_0191.jpg

The freeze plug

DSC_0194.jpg

Glad to see somebody with common sense . using a block heater instead of ether or tarps and a salamander.

Yes, and my tractor never sleep outside, always been stored in my insulated garage. My garage is too expensive to heated, I tried once and it cost 70$ of propane for 2 days (radiant heater, a tube hanging from the ceiling). I heat it only if when I work in it and it's really cold, below -20°C.

/ DS4110 Block Heater Installation #13  
Bravo for your installation! I'm sure you will enjoy a lot your block heater when the old man winter bite hard! 30 minutes seems to do the trick for my little CK20. The block heater was installed @ the dealership prior delivery. I plug it in about 10-15 times per winter. For comparison last year I did try out a real cold start without the block heater, ouch.. a lot of black smoke, belly dance for pistons a shaky starts to say the least... And it took at least 10 minutes to work correctly. It's indeed a great add on!

Enjoy winter!

P1010834.jpg

Bravo for your installation! I'm sure you will enjoy a lot your block heater when the old man winter bite hard! 30 minutes seems to do the trick for my little CK20. The block heater was installed @ the dealership prior delivery. I plug it in about 10-15 times per winter. For comparison last year I did try out a real cold start without the block heater, ouch.. a lot of black smoke, belly dance for pistons a shaky starts to say the least... And it took at least 10 minutes to work correctly. It's indeed a great add on!

Enjoy winter!

View attachment 348733

Thank you,

I want my engine last as long as possible too. Can you post an other photo of your installation, it seem to be install on the small hose between the rad and the engine block.

David

/ DS4110 Block Heater Installation #15  
The block heater on my CK27 came from the dealer installed. i turn it on about 2 hours before I want to start her up. I sure works better than leaving it plugged in all the time. That was a big time $$ waster last January.

/ DS4110 Block Heater Installation #16  
Install a similar block heater in my DK40SE last weekend. Install almost identical to DS4110 Block Heater Installation. I had no issues completing the installation. I purchase my block heater from H&M Equipment Co though ebay. H&M Equipment Co shipping was really fast; I received my order in two days. Order Thursday evening, received Saturdays, and installed on Sunday. The heating bushing was inside 2 plastic bags. Outer bag indicated Tisco GE11461B GE361. The inner bag stated "Replacement 121247285 (AD0726)" UPC code 00736800 915858. The block heater is from Phillips & Temro Inc Zerostart product line is part #3100093. Phillips & Temro Inc catalog indicates it's 400 watts heater with ¾" NPT threads. The replacement cord part# 3600003. You might be able to save some money by purchasing the items separately. A quick search of Amazon and Ebay appears to indicate the total will be around $65 but will you receive and get the heater installed before spring? Ebay Link: Kioti Kubota Diesel Compact Tractor Block Heater | eBay

/ DS4110 Block Heater Installation #17  
Glad to see somebody with common sense . using a block heater instead of ether or tarps and a salamander.

My tractor did not come with a heater, and I have not gotten around to putting one on yet, so if it is really cold, like below zero, I would resort to putting a salamander under a large tarp, please explain why this would mean I am lacking in common sense? I would say using any method available to warm an engine is much smarter than risking engine damage by forcing a cold start with no warmth.

/ DS4110 Block Heater Installation #18  
Thank you,

I want my engine last as long as possible too. Can you post an other photo of your installation, it seem to be install on the small hose between the rad and the engine block.

David

Has anyone figured out exactly where this heated is installed? I like this install a little better than the frost plug install.