DK40HST Wont turn over

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #51  
CM, thanks for taking the time to measure. I'm not certain Kioti has the right measurements they list on the website for the dk40. 95", 96.3" for the cab.

No problem. The dimensions are based on whatever tires they list as being on the machine when the measurement is taken. The owner's manual or the Kioti brochures usually give accurate specs IIRC.
95" equals 7'.9166," which is not far off the 8'3" on the top of canopy measurement I gave you. The canopy does sit proud of the ROPS bar, and I would say the difference between the 7'.9166" and 8'3" is about the distance. Again, YMMV.

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #52  
CM, thanks for taking the time to measure. I'm not certain Kioti has the right measurements they list on the website for the dk40. 95", 96.3" for the cab.

That measurement for the cab is really close. My door frame measures 97". The cab brushes the rubber but clears the trim. I have duo chains on R1's and a 6' Meteor blower. I gain another inch with the backhoe vs the blower. :thumbsup:

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #53  
CM and anyone else interested, I will start a new thread relocating the ignition switch. I have been thinking about this for a while and thought I would have done it by now. However this winter so far has kept me busy dealing with it,and I haven't had time to do this project yet.

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #54  
Yes. That sounds good! I too can't stand the keyswitch location, I hit it way too many times without trying and end up turning the tractor off in the process. :duh:
I also don't like the turn signal switch and it's puny little arm that I broke off on my first kioti by hitting it when I turned around on the open stsation to get off the tractor early on!:banghead:
So far I've only hit it getting on/off the tractor on the new one- it's just a matter of time though.

I'd be real interested in what you come up with for a new ig switch location!
Carry on, cap'tn :thumbsup:

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #55  
I was working on the property today with my brand new tractor. I shut it off to do some things. Got back on turned the key and it wont turn over. I tried shaking the shift lever, made sure the PTO wasn't on, the shifter is in neutral, but nothing. I called the dealer. They sent me some diagrams to see if I can troubleshoot it. dealer is 180 miles away. Anyone else have any thoughts? I won't be able to work on it tell Thursday. Thanks for the help in advance..

Nick

I had this exact problem with my DK50SE last fall, complete with me thinking it was the Neutral sensor as I started it by jiggling the range back and forth, mine was also the relay on the firewall, luckily I had a dealer about 5 miles away at the time it happened. Glad you got some help and figured it out.