Kioti HST Pedals

/ Kioti HST Pedals #1  

davidvercher

Tractor
LS 3135C
Hey guys, I bought a Kioti CS2410 this past November and I have started having problems with the forward and reverse pedals hanging up. When I first purchased the tractor, this wasn't happening. When you push down the pedal and release, it does not release fully therefore causing the tractor to keep rolling forward/reverse. I have greased the fittings on each pedal, but still no luck. Is there a quick fix or is this something I need to address with my dealer?

/ Kioti HST Pedals #2  
Hey guys, I bought a Kioti CS2410 this past November and I have started having problems with the forward and reverse pedals hanging up. When I first purchased the tractor, this wasn't happening. When you push down the pedal and release, it does not release fully therefore causing the tractor to keep rolling forward/reverse. I have greased the fittings on each pedal, but still no luck. Is there a quick fix or is this something I need to address with my dealer?

Just check and make sure that there isn't something like a stick hanging up the linkage, and if the pivot points are greased, and there is nothing you can see that would bind it up , then I expect it would be up to the dealer to find and solve the problem.

/ Kioti HST Pedals
There is nothing binding up and the pivot points have been greased. I guess I will be careful until I hit the 50 hour (first) maintenance and have the dealer figure out the issue. Thanks for your input!

/ Kioti HST Pedals #4  
There is nothing binding up and the pivot points have been greased. I guess I will be careful until I hit the 50 hour (first) maintenance and have the dealer figure out the issue. Thanks for your input!

I sprayed a lube on the exposed part of the piston (connected to the pivot point) and this resolved my pedal sticking issue.

Rancho

/ Kioti HST Pedals #5  
I have a similar issue with my new DK40, when it is cold, less than 10dF, I never had the issue with my CK30 under the same conditions. Several times moving snow I have pushed the snow into a bank, taken my foot off the forward pedal and stalled the tractor as it was till driving forward. I have even stepped on the reverse pedal and it still goes forward for a few feet before it stops and goes backwards. I am suspicious that it is due to the thick hydraulic oil as after an hour of use it doesn't do it any more and it didn't do it last summer when I first got it. I am going to request that at the 50 hr service they put something thinner in.

/ Kioti HST Pedals #6  
Check where the shaft from the pedals enter the trans case. That shaft may have some dirt or rust you can't see when it goes through the trans case. I use a spray white lithium grease on that along with spraying the 4wd shift shaft, brake shafts, and gear selector shaft where they go into the trans case on my CK30hst. If it is froze a little or stiff you may want to use WD40, PB Blaster or some type of penetrating oil first to losen it. Once lose, the white lithium is pretty good against water breakdown. I plow snow in the Winter so mine gets a spray after the snow is gone and before it comes again. No problem in eight years. An easy fix if that is your problem and those shafts getting stiff are common to many models if you check prior posts.

/ Kioti HST Pedals #7  
Check where the shaft from the pedals enter the trans case. That shaft may have some dirt or rust you can't see when it goes through the trans case.
I had that issue on my CK30. According to the dealer the clearance between the case and that shaft is not as large as it should be making it hard for lubrication to get in and the slightest bit of rust causes the pedal shaft to stick. He sees this as a common problem and he pulls the shaft, reams out the case and lubes the case and the shaft well before reassembling it. He says after that, as long as it is kept lubricated, there are no more issues.

/ Kioti HST Pedals #8  
I've never had an issue with my DK40se HST in the past five years. I do sometimes note that with no foot on the pedal there is a very very slow creep but a tap of the opposite pedal fixes that. Nothing that would be a safety issue IMO. I'd make sure the dealer checks it out thoroughly at the 50hr visit.