3pt hitch

/ 3pt hitch #1  

Looking4new

Tractor
2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab
How much wiggle room side to side is there on the three point hitch. My CK27 is 63" wide from outside tire to tire. I want to install a 6' BB. IF there is about 6" of wiggle room, then I can use the 6' er. Otherwise I will have to go to the 7.

/ 3pt hitch #2  
On most tractors you can adjust the amount of movement allowed. You can also bias it to keep the implement a little to either side of center.
larry

/ 3pt hitch #3  
If you are 63" wide you will have 4.5" of over hang on each side. I had a 6' on my Bobcat. You would not want anything bigger. A real heavy 66'' would be best for a tractor this size. For a grading implement I don't like any sway on the 3PH.

/ 3pt hitch
The blade I am looking at weighs 344 lbs. I am thinking about a hunk of railway track (120 lbs/ft) 5' long and a piece of 1/2" plate steel on the opposite side for reinforcing. That should make it heavy enough for grading. Total weight should be about 7-800 lbs.

/ 3pt hitch #5  
You may destroy the box blade with that much additional weight.

/ 3pt hitch
A heavy duty blade will cost me about $1750.oo and wont have the angle-ability of the medium duty one. I cant afford the higher price. But on the other hand I don't want to destroy the cheaper one in 1 year. The extra weight I'm adding is free (already paid for from another project), and will amount to about 700 lbs, which will bring the total weight up to about 1,000lbs. Should be more than enough to counter balance my loader and also grade my driveway.

/ 3pt hitch #9  
L4N, I build a lot of stuff too, but I decided to go with a real commercially built Grader blade and could not be happier....the thing is awesome and I have used the snot out of it. My steep driveway stays perfect unless we get a real bad frog chocking rain. Here is the thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/232491-any-grademaster-owners-here.html

I think you are going to have a hard time maintaining a crown, or getting it to bite and pull up rock to be redistributed with a homemade one. I used one for years, but a box blade does not do a good job on a driveway at all & I will never go back to one for that task.