Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kioti 2014 CK2510 TLB

Default Re: operating KB2365 vs KB2465 backhoes

Quote Originally Posted by Donfi View Post
    I operate mine at 2500 rpm. Hydraulics on the CK20 are very smooth and you can control speed of the backhoe easily by feathering the controls. I feel that operating at lower RPM causes the Hydraulic pump to work too hard. Not sure if this is so but based on what I have been told this is how I do things. Experience and experimentation will tell you what is best for your situation. Attachment 364420Attachment 364421Attachment 364422

Note the boom latch in the photo holding the Rock. Don't know what I would do without the backhoe.

DF
    I have the KB2465 on my CK2510. I usually run at about 1800 rpm and this is more than enough, but the 2510 has a higher output pump than the CK20.
    DF, I see you put larger stabilizer padds on yours - I think I need this too. Too much moving around. Also I like your thumb. I was thinking of making my own - not sure it's worth it. Where did you get that?

Tractor
    Kioti CK20S

Hi, I have been running mine a bit lower lately and seems to work fine. Keeping the RPMs around 2100. The pads came with the backhoe.
    My thumb was made for me by a neighbor who has a metal fabrication shop. Our local dealer has some of them fabricated for different booms, not sure how much they are selling for or what shipping cost would be. Their email address is noelvillerenta@hotmail.com

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti 20 HST ancient Rhino traded in

MIE sells both mechanical and hydraulic pretty reasonable.
    ck20 hst - QA KL120B FEL - KB2465 BH W/16"bucket and Thumb, Rear Snow Blower. Post hole digger, Pallet forks, 3pt log splitter.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE w/ loader and Woods 90x backhoe, Allis Chalmers C with front snowplow

You want the majority of the weight of the tractor to be on the rear stabilizers and front loader, rubber tires are worthless for ground contact while digging, they just cause you to bounce around all over the place with every movement of the hoe. Lifting the hoe up to max height all the time gives you no advantage and as mentioned reduces digging depth substantially.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti 20 HST ancient Rhino traded in

When using the backhoe it is unwise to put all the load on the rear stabilizers and the front bucket. If you think about it you will be putting the entire weight of the tractor on the front bucket arms and the stabilizers. Although the stabilizers are designed to take the load, the front end loader arms are not. IMO
    ck20 hst - QA KL120B FEL - KB2465 BH W/16"bucket and Thumb, Rear Snow Blower. Post hole digger, Pallet forks, 3pt log splitter.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE w/ loader and Woods 90x backhoe, Allis Chalmers C with front snowplow

If you take enough weight off the tires to stop the tractor backhoe from bouncing around, you will have the majority of the weight on the loader and stabilizers, there is no avoiding it. I am leary of the loader when using the backhoe, mainly on uneven ground, if you apply downforce with the bucket and you are on a hump in the ground it can put a twisting force on the loader, for this reason I always turn my bucket cutting edge down so the pressure is put on the cutting edge and pushes it into the ground, it tends to push in more evenly and eliminates the twist force unless you are on top of something very hard like a large rock. Lifting with the bottom flat of the bucket can really twist the loader.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12