Ck 25 Injection pump rail timimg???

/ Ck 25 Injection pump rail timimg??? #1  

bo s

Tractor
Kioti CK25 Massey 1010
Does anybody here have any info on how to retime the gears and rail in the injection pump? I have on bad gear in my pump.....rotated it 180ー I see 3 lines on the rail that appears to be used to time the gears to the rail.
Appreciate any help.!

Bo

/ Ck 25 Injection pump rail timimg???
I went to my local Injection service shop....bought the gears and talked with him about the position of the nozzles. Very helpful and saved me about 700.00

Reinstalled the injector pump....it runs better than it has since I owned it. If anybody needs assembly pictures for theirs I took some! Easy fix

/ Ck 25 Injection pump rail timimg??? #4  
I would like to see those pictures.
There have been a number of pump gear failures reported here over the past several years.
It could possibly help someone in the future

20140310_130508.jpg20140310_130443.jpg

I would like to see those pictures.
There have been a number of pump gear failures reported here over the past several years.
It could possibly help someone in the future

I have another CK25 to repair the injection pump on.....I'll post more detailed pictures when I do it.

/ Ck 25 Injection pump rail timimg??? #7  
I have another CK25 to repair the injection pump on.....I'll post more detailed pictures when I do it.

I too could use a CK Injector Pump Teardown and Repair for Dummies manual.... not much instruction available online that I can find.
I'm looking forward to you posting your experiences with rebuilding those pumps.

/ Ck 25 Injection pump rail timimg??? #8  
Just a reminder that I'm trying to keep track of these events to the extent I see reports on the Kiot O/O forum on TBN .
See: http://kittrellcommunitywatch.dyndns.org/Kioti_IP_Data

If bo_s wants to provide the missing information for his problem I'll add it to the chart. Also, with his permission, I'll add a link to his teardown photos, when he posts them, for future reference.

In general, these IPs are NOT owner repairable but the symmetry of this gear makes it possible to rotate it 180 degrees (so the broken teeth don't engage the rack) with no other adjustments.

Oh, and bo_s gets a big attaboy.

Supplemental: The very similar Bosch (now Zexel) Mercedes IPs were famous for outlasting every other part of the car if run on clean Diesel. There was almost never any need to work on them. It seems these Kioti/Doowan IP failures indicate either (a) a batch of weak parts or (b) the new stop solenoid design overstresses the gears. I think (b) is likely because most of these "failures" seem to occur when a normally-running tractor is switched off and then will not restart or will not run.

Last edited:
   / Ck 25 Injection pump rail timimg??? #9  
In general, these IPs are NOT owner repairable but the symmetry of this gear makes it possible to rotate it 180 degrees (so the broken teeth don't engage the rack) with no other adjustments.
He said in his second post he bought the gears at his local injection shop.
Maybe he can give us some more info on that.

You're welcome to use any of my pictures and information to help other Kioti owners. My CK25 has745 hrs. I bought it used .It always was sluggish. ...slow to rev....would bog down in 4th gear. It shut it down Saturday. .then tried to restart it.Diagnosis. ...injection pump gear on #3 cylinder had teeth missing causing the rail to stick closed. More Information to come