broken pto need help

/ broken pto need help #1  

fj40

Tractor
kioti dk55c
just broke my pto shaft whit my snow blower , a log of wood came in my blower , whant to know how to replace that shaft
i have a kioti dk55c 2005

/ broken pto need help #2  
Ouch! I hope some chimes in. But still ouch. If the repair become costly you may want to check your insurance policy. Good luck.

/ broken pto need help #3  
Get your parts book out and see if you have to split the tractor. I had a kubota to work on. Somebody put it together- you should be able to take it apart. Labor would probably be the most dollars on this repair. Someone on here will have done one and you will benefit from their expertise.

/ broken pto need help #4  
Just curious. What failed to protect the drive line -- a shear bolt or a slip clutch?

Steve

/ broken pto need help #5  
oh ouch. that looks expensive. I looked thru my service manual for my DK45 HST, but its kinda confusing. The pics make it look not too hard, but the photos of my tractor dont jive with the service manual. the manual makes it look like the work can be done without splitting the tractor. I guess youll find out soon enough.

It looks like the shear bolt was too strong or wrong.

/ broken pto need help #6  
If the DK55 is made same as the DK50, take out the bolts holding the PTO shaft/bearing housing to the differential case then slide housing out. Then you can replace the shaft and bearings as needed.

/ broken pto need help
i put a second bold ... don't do this my mistate

/ broken pto need help
well real tanks to evrerybody ,just order my shaft 230$ here in the laurentide near tremblant

/ broken pto need help #9  
All fixed? wow that was fast.

/ broken pto need help #10  
well real tanks to evrerybody ,just order my shaft 230$ here in the laurentide near tremblant

Bet the outside temperature played a role in this failure. I have been to your neck of the woods, my MIL has a cottage in Namur, our car battery did not like the cold at Christmas 2012.

Good luck with the repair.

Ranchofla... yes I live in Florida...<G>