detent remote won't hold

/ detent remote won't hold #1  

DroppedAxle

Bronze Member
Tractor
2007 Kioti CK20S HST with KB2465 backhoe
Had my ck20s hst TLB a few weeks now (bought used) and it's been great. The only thing I've found wrong with is that the lever for the hydraulics to the BH won't stay in the "on" position so I use a bungee cord to hold it there. How hard is this to fix? Or is the bungee the correct fix? :)

/ detent remote won't hold #2  
Sometimes removing the cans on the bottom of the valve and cleaning the rust, or debris from the groove and the little balls and springs will fix the detent.

Try rotating the spool shaft 180 degrees, might give a new location for the groove and the ball.

/ detent remote won't hold #3  
what JJ said. very easy repair. Also try oil and grease on the detent ball bearing

i was told by my dealer that in the past, when these caps get clogged with garbage, the detent tands to stick. If the operator forces the control, he can take a chip out of the grooved track.

/ detent remote won't hold #4  
Other than what the above members posted, some members have removed the detent balls because they didn't need them for the detent position. This is a kind of safety so they don't dead head the hydraulic system with nothing attached which can ruin the hydraulic pump. Our valves are open center. Once taken apart, you may just need to add the detent balls.