DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal

/ DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal #1  

pmaintman

Tractor
kioti dk 40 hst,cub cadet 7265
Does anybody have a problem with their Dk 40 Hst keep putting the power to the wheels well after you let off the pedal for like 5 seconds? It`s enough to cause the tractor to stall while trying to use the loader or anything else, especially using the brakes.The tractor has 28 hrs on it and has been an issue from the start Thanks in advance.

/ DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal #2  
It is probable the "neutral" switch on the HST pedal needs a small adjustment.

/ DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal #3  
Does anybody have a problem with their Dk 40 Hst keep putting the power to the wheels well after you let off the pedal for like 5 seconds? It`s enough to cause the tractor to stall while trying to use the loader or anything else, especially using the brakes.The tractor has 28 hrs on it and has been an issue from the start Thanks in advance.

Nope, I have the DK35se, but pretty much the same thing. I have never had anything like that happen. I would take a gander up under the floorboards to to see if anything is dragging on the linkage, then call the dealer if nothing found.. It is under warranty, and should not do that.

/ DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal #4  
I have a 45 SE with over 900 hours on it. Never had the kind of problem your are talking about. There are some grease fittings that keep pedals moving freely. I would check that and if no simple fix, back to the dealer with only 28 hours on it. Don't tell the safety police but I have come to trust mine so well I jump off it to pick up sticks or trash in gear with no parking brake on.

/ DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal #5  
I have the same problem with mine. My CK30 didn't do it. I have stalled it numerous times and run into thinks due to this, it seems to be worse in the cold weather. A few times I have pushed on the reverse pedal while going forward, which was difficult to push, and I kept going forward. Slowly the reverse pedal would move down and then I would stop and move backwards. I have about 30 hrs on mine and was going to have it addressed at the 50 hr service. It is like the HST fluid is too thick making it difficult to move the pedals.

/ DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal #6  
Your pedal linkage most likely needs lubing. Or the linkage has gone out of adjustment. I have a PDF of the proper DK40 HST pedal settings, so PM me with an email addy and I'll send it to you. Mine have never hung up at all.

/ DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal
Thanks for the reply`s! I spoke with dealer he said something is definitely wrong and he suggested bringing it in to them so they can take a look. He also said there is no adjustments that I can make because everything is internal! I was hoping it was something I could fix instead of trailering it up to them. It cost $125 for a round trip fee! CRAP. Anybody have other suggestions on fixing it myself?

/ DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal #8  
Linkage spec's sent today, so check them first.

/ DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal #9  
The pedals should return as soon as you release either. Check to see if they're needing grease to free them up. If they're greased and no bent or binding linkages then it's dealer warranty time.

/ DK40hst keeps moving after letting off pedal #10  
WD40 on all the link connections under the platform that connects the pedals to the transmission. There are no greese fittings. I had regularly had this problem after letting the tractor sit for weeks and when snow got into the linkage. After 3 or 4 rounds of spraying WD40 and working the pedals a lot over several days I haven't had the problem since.