Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Default Re: Rotary cutter size question for a CK20s HST

As LD1 mentioned, slower with a 5 or faster with a 4. Another thought to add. If you ever decide to sell the cutter, a 5 probably will sell faster. Also, if you ever decide on a bigger tractor, a 5 will fit well and you won't need another cutter.
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Quote Originally Posted by Pooter View Post
    I will be mostly cutting field brush no yard cutting .. I was told that I needed to get a cutter at least as wide as the back wheels of the tractor if not I would be pushing down field grass making it harder to cut .. A 4 footer would be a little short of that .. And a 5 footer is a little more than a 22 hp ..17at the pto should pull from what I have been told .. Each dealer tells me something different .. Thanks Jeff
    If the cutter is wider than the tires to keep from pushing down the grass, then it would have to be a mid mount mower, cause anything you pull behind is going to be cutting what you have already driven over with both front and rear wheels..

Rancho

Tractor
    Kioti CK20s HST

Quote Originally Posted by Ranchofla View Post
    If the cutter is wider than the tires to keep from pushing down the grass, then it would have to be a mid mount mower, cause anything you pull behind is going to be cutting what you have already driven over with both front and rear wheels..

Rancho
    True .. I was just repeating what a salesman had told me Saturday about how I need to make sure to get a cutter wider than the back tires .. I was thinking the same thing when he said that~u had already ran over the field grass to get to where the cutter could cut it .

Tractor
    2011 Kioti CK30 w/Kioti Kab, 2005 Cub Cadet LT1050

I will be mostly cutting field brush no yard cutting .. I was told that I needed to get a cutter at least as wide as the back wheels of the tractor if not I would be pushing down field grass making it harder to cut .. A 4 footer would be a little short of that .. And a 5 footer is a little more than a 22 hp ..17at the pto should pull from what I have been told .. Each dealer tells me something different .. Thanks Jeff
    I pulled a 5' Bush Hog Razorback with my kubota B-8200 for 24 years. (19 HP gross...maybe 16 PTO) Used for mowing pastures, and hay field in fall, so I wouldn't have snow 2' deep laying there all winter. Grass height probably 18" or so most years. Have mowed that same field when the hay went uncut. Grass was higher than the hood of the Kubota, couldn't use full width of mower that year...took a while, lots of stops to clean grill...but got it done.

Sold the tractor a few years ago, 2000+ hours on it, still ran like new, used no oil, and not a single leak anywhere on tractor (engine, trans, axles). Still have the Bush Hog, still works fine.

Your Kioti would have no trouble handling a mower of that size.....all that is needed is a bit of common sense...HB Bob

-000_0348-jpg

Forgot to mention, I never ran tractor/mower at the rated 2600rpm...always mowed at 2100 or so... Actual power being developed/used would be under the advertised HP, at this engine speed
    Last edited by Hill Billy Bob; 04-25-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Tractor
    Kioti CK20s HST

Thanks, To bob and everyone that replied ... Purchased the Ck20 HST yesterday .. Will be Delivered Monday .. Had the 50hr service,loader hooks added and two Kioti hats thrown in the deal for $12.600 .. Thanks for your comments it really helps ..

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

Thanks, To bob and everyone that replied ... Purchased the Ck20 HST yesterday .. Will be Delivered Monday .. Had the 50hr service,loader hooks added and two Kioti hats thrown in the deal for $12.600 .. Thanks for your comments it really helps ..
    MAnd I cant even get a hat for $12.600

All kidding aside, sounds like a nice deal. Make sure to post some pics monday when it arrives.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Congrats, you can now update your profile to say you have a Kioti!!

Rancho..CK20HST

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

cool, post pics when it's all ready to play!
    souNdguy

sent from my NOKIA LUMIA

Tractor
    Kioti CK20s HST

Will do ..here's a pic of my 12 year old nephew giving it a test run . -image-jpg

Tractor
    Kioti CK20s HST

Where is a good place to pick up a 54 "rotary cutter .. Not having much luck locating one .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast