Ck20 loud knock cracked block

/ Ck20 loud knock cracked block #1  

johnpenny

I have a 2006 ck 20 hyd. The tractor has just under 500 hours, using it the other day i heard something break and then a very loud knocking. After a close you can see a hole in the block . Dealer says 3000 just for the motor. Any suggestions ??

/ Ck20 loud knock cracked block #2  
$3000 is not a bad price for complete new engine, very reasonable when compared to what a Bobcat dealer would pay for it.
Hole in the block and loud knock sounds like connecting rod came loose or broke. Even if block was repairable cost of new internal parts & labor would likely meet or exceed new engine price.

/ Ck20 loud knock cracked block #3  
Not many comments. so I'll jump in. Some additional inspection is in order to verify the extent of the damage, but Dennis is almost certainly right: you've probably thrown a rod. This happens, even with the best engines, but very rarely. If you have indeed thrown a rod and the broken end punched through the block (and probably the pan), you are better off with a known good engine than trying to fix one with undetermined (but serious) damage. I assume the dealer is talking $3K plus parts and labor to install so it is serious money. You might try some other dealers, but (unlike wrecked cars) good used tractor engines are rare. I have not heard of Kioti helping in such cases but it doesn't hurt to ask. But I'm afraid you are in a hard place here.

/ Ck20 loud knock cracked block #4  
Wow, I hate that happened to you. I concur with both Scott and Dennis. $3000 sounds like a good price to me if that includes instillation. This is the first time I have heard of a CK20 complete engine failure. Again, I hate that happened.

/ Ck20 loud knock cracked block #5  
Sorry for your problem. Please keep us advised regarding repair work, costs and any cause they may find. Thanks

/ Ck20 loud knock cracked block #6  
Well that sucks but I know this sounds crazy but. Can't think of any tractor better than a kioti with Yanmar engine in it. Wouldn't it be sweet if you could find one that would bolt right up!!! For three grand seems like you should have some decent options out there. Sorry to hear about your problem good luck.

/ Ck20 loud knock cracked block #7  
What does the maintenance history of the engine look like?