Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tractor
    Kioti CK25 HST

Default Re: CK25 strange death symptoms

Yes, I would definitely recommend Conestoga but I'm not sure what they can do for anyone if there is a country (world?) wide shortage of the gears. I would recommend giving them a call first to see what the situation is. They were knowledgeable, friendly, and had reasonable rates. It cost me $189 for the repair, albiet with used gears.

As to the ultimate cause, I don't know how to factor in the information that other engine brands have the exact same problem. The folks at Conestoga said that they had assumed that it was simply a vibration problem causing failure over time. The pumps/gears, which are bolted to the engine just suffer fatigue fracture after so many cycles. I don't think those gears have enough stress on them to fail from fatigue unless they were faulty. Typically you need to have stress above a threshold level before a metal becomes subject to fatigue failure. The frustrating thing is that we have to "guess" based on the limited information we have.
    Kioti CK-25 HST, Kubota ZD326, air blast sprayer, 5' Woods mower, 5' boxblade, 6' scraper, PHD, Markham tooth-bar. 10 acres of pasture, woods, and vineyard

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Default Re: CK25 strange death symptoms

Glad to hear you got your CK back running, even with available but scarce used parts. Though we don't yet have enough failures to definitively conclude cause and effect, we do have anecdotal data which can be noted in the charts that have been compiled to date, and updated as more data becomes available. We are certainly further along than when ritchyvs began recording data.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234