CK2510 poor preperation by dealer

/ CK2510 poor preperation by dealer #1  

Buggs67

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2014 CK2510 TLB
I took delivery of my new CK2510 about 2 weeks ago. The dealer dropped it off and then wouldn't demonstrate the BH (which was the only part I hadn't experienced while shopping). He said "read the manual, it's all in there". Well it's not, and his attitude should have foreshadowed my problems.

BTW, the manuals are not very good.

I figured out everything and checked over the machine. One bolt is missing from the left rear wheel and the drawbar is not there; also there is provisions for the Slow Vehicle placard but it's absent as well. I called him, he'd said he check into it and I haven't heard from him since. I think he's written me off for future sales since he isn't close.

One day after working with the Kioti I experimented with folding the ROPS; it won't. Ahhh! The top part was mounted backwards; easily fixed. Now it folds onto the drivers seat:thumbdown:. Ahhh! The left and right mounts were swapped; also easily fixed. Except that they stripped 3 out of 8 mounting bolts.:mad: One they drilled out and replaced with a bolt and nut, the other two they left in the stripped hole.:mad::mad: So now my ROPS is held up by 6 bolts instead of 8. Oh and I found that 2 bolts are missing from the under-fender support the ROPS is bolted too. There is also the mis-routed wires and loose bold holding on the fuel tank. So ... don't trust M&H Tractor in Middletown, NY.

I've contacted Kioti and am awaiting a reply. I hope they do well by me.

But the little machine performs well. My buddy with a bigger Kubota L3010 was impressed with the power of the BH (his is a Woods) but the levers are reversed.

/ CK2510 poor preperation by dealer
Well, the Customer Service department has already responded to my complaint. I spent awhile on the phone describing my experience and concerns. They are not happy with my poor vehicle preparation and are looking into the matter. I submitted my complaint over the weekend and they responded Monday morning.

I will keep up this thread with my experience.

BTW you can see how the ROPS was installed wrong in the picture below. (the proud owner his first morning with his new machine)

/ CK2510 poor preperation by dealer #3  
Faulty ROPS attachment is a serious safety issue IMO. You should always wear a seat belt with a ROPS, but the belt would guarantee injury or death if you roll the machine and the ROPS failed. Attaboy on involving Kioti in the solution.

/ CK2510 poor preperation by dealer #4  
For all the guys who have been on this site for awhile-- Can you imagine that Kioti bounced Rick Wallace who was a quality dealer and then took on some dipstick like the dealer above. I bought from Rick and never had a problem, never had to call him for preparation issues or any issues. If I did not drive out to his place for the annual picnic, I would never have seen him again. Quality guy, quality operation, and he is gone, replaced by what appears from all the complaints about dealers, a bunch of ................ well, not quality guys.

/ CK2510 poor preperation by dealer #5  
I took delivery of my new CK2510 about 2 weeks ago.

Well, first, congrats on a fine new machine. Saw them at the World AG Expo and I think they
have another winner. One of the few things the CK20 could benefit from was more power,
and they now have it.

Anyway, now you know why I would have paid extra to uncrate and prep my own new tractor.
I did exactly that for my first new Kiotis and I am glad I did. I did not pay my dealer extra,
but I am sure he broke the rules. :)

I always clean and chase threads before assembly of the ROPS or subframes, and grease the
bolts before inserting them. Kioti caps off the bolt holes with plastic plugs before painting,
a real plus. Kubota should do that, too.

Oh yeah, don't expect the dealer to know HOW to operate your new hoe attachment, either.

Good luck, and get dirty.

/ CK2510 poor preperation by dealer
Well, first, congrats on a fine new machine. Saw them at the World AG Expo and I think they
have another winner. One of the few things the CK20 could benefit from was more power,
and they now have it.

Anyway, now you know why I would have paid extra to uncrate and prep my own new tractor.
I did exactly that for my first new Kiotis and I am glad I did. I did not pay my dealer extra,
but I am sure he broke the rules. :)

I always clean and chase threads before assembly of the ROPS or subframes, and grease the
bolts before inserting them. Kioti caps off the bolt holes with plastic plugs before painting,
a real plus. Kubota should do that, too.

Oh yeah, don't expect the dealer to know HOW to operate your new hoe attachment, either.

Good luck, and get dirty.

Thanks to all. I almost felt like I was being a jerk or too picky but I agree about the ROPS being questionable could be dangerous. My main concern was, If they could screw up such simple things, how well did they attach the subframe and build the backhoe.

I would have enjoyed building my whole unit, but he got paid to do this and should have the skill, experience and expertise to carry it off.

/ CK2510 poor preperation by dealer #7  
Thanks to all. I almost felt like I was being a jerk or too picky but I agree about the ROPS being questionable could be dangerous. My main concern was, If they could screw up such simple things, how well did they attach the subframe and build the backhoe.

I would have enjoyed building my whole unit, but he got paid to do this and should have the skill, experience and expertise to carry it off.

I would look at the sub frame mount, loader bolts and wheel torque if I was you.

/ CK2510 poor preperation by dealer #9  
This is something we ALL need to do initially and periodically.

With his Dealer prep he better check twice then.:D How often should I check richeyvs?

/ CK2510 poor preperation by dealer #10  
I've always said it matters more about dealer prep than it does maker. Good prep even makes the Chinese tractors pretty good. I agree on the Rick Wallace thing too. He did an excellent job prepping my tractor and stood by me when I had issues. No substitute for quality assembly.

Sorry about your troubles, Buggs. I'd go over the tractor completely. Tighten everything and look for potential missing bolts, and pull all connectors and make sure they have dielectric grease. Kioti is in a hard spot (but they did approve this dealer). What can they do now for the owner? Pay to have it checked over and fixed by another dealer, I guess. But the down time still bites for the owner. The awesome answer would be to give a new tractor from another source and make the dealer take back the POS he put together, and then disqualify him from further representation.