rear lug nut torque

/ rear lug nut torque #31  
At least you do not have torque to yield bolts. My car has those so when you are doing service like timing belts you need to know what bolts are one time use.

/ rear lug nut torque #32  
The fronts on my 2005 DK45s is 144.7-166.4 lb-ft the rears are 191.7-224.2 lb-ft.

/ rear lug nut torque #33  
I thought we all were refering to the owners manual that comes with the tractor.
I torqued the lugs to 50lbs, then upped it them to 65. Seemed pretty tight, I don't want to snap any. I guess maybe I should call Kioti and get an answer on this.

YOU'RE referencing the owner's manual, and it's conflicting torque specs. Clearly 65ft/lbs is NOT adequate for the rear wheels. Most cars get torqued to 85ft/lbs or more on average.
Hill Billy Bob and I are recommending any owner of an expensive tractor buy a service manual to have the best and likely most accurate data available. There are occasional misprints, errors, etc. but they are relatively rare and usually someone here knows the facts Jack.:)

/ rear lug nut torque #34  
Seems to me there was a thread here several years ago that somebody with a CK30 had a manual with conflicting torque settings. They torqued to the higher, >200 ft-lbs, and they broke several of the studs. Seems they should have been torqued to something in the 160 ft-lb range. I can't find the thread now.

EDIT- I found several old threads, 2009-10 time frame, where the manuals for the CK series were listed at 290 ft-lbs for the front and 50 ft-lbs for the rear. Needless to say folks were breaking/stripping out the front studs. After much discussion and research it was posted that it was 50 ft-lbs for the front and 209 ft-lbs for the rear.

Last edited:
   / rear lug nut torque #35  
Don't you guys take this the wrong way, because I don't mind jumping in here to help someone out...but....For about the same cost as 2.5 gallons of fuel...you can own a repair/service manual. Then you won't have to wait a day or two for the correct answer to your questions to pop up......Hill Billy Bob

How is it any better if written by the same Engrish speakers?

/ rear lug nut torque #36  
Seems to me there was a thread here several years ago that somebody with a CK30 had a manual with conflicting torque settings. They torqued to the higher, >200 ft-lbs, and they broke several of the studs. Seems they should have been torqued to something in the 160 ft-lb range. I can't find the thread now.

EDIT- I found several old threads, 2009-10 time frame, where the manuals for the CK series were listed at 290 ft-lbs for the front and 50 ft-lbs for the rear. Needless to say folks were breaking/stripping out the front studs. After much discussion and research it was posted that it was 50 ft-lbs for the front and 209 ft-lbs for the rear.

Did Kioti spend any money warrantying those mislead by the faulty data?

/ rear lug nut torque #37  
At least you do not have torque to yield bolts. My car has those so when you are doing service like timing belts you need to know what bolts are one time use.

Everyone uses TTY fasteners. No one uses them for wheel studs.