hydraulic fluid

/ hydraulic fluid #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
I've looked all over for the Kioti recommended hydraulic fluids.
Texaco TDH OilExxon Hydraul 560Exxon Torque Fluid 56Pennzoil Hydra TranzMobilfluid 424BP TracTran UTHShell Donax TDCitgo Mystik JT-5 Universal

I can't find them anywhere. looked in walmart, tsc, advance auto, napa, sears.
Where are they available?

/ hydraulic fluid #2  
I found two 5-gal pails of Spirax (formerly Donax) at a local Walmart. But I notice that they haven't restocked it since I bought the last two pails. My dealer said any premium (whatever that means) tractor fluid should be OK but I chickened out and bought the recommended stuff.

/ hydraulic fluid
you were lucky ritcheyvs, I've been looking all over just found a few places online with real high shipping costs.

/ hydraulic fluid #4  
Chuck, quit driving yourself nuts over the tranny fluid, just go to your local TSC store and look for the Traveller Premium UTF...Many of us use this with no problems (I changed to it last fall...as cold as this winter was, it worked fine)....If you have any leftover after tranny change, you can use it in your front axle....Hill Billy Bob

The following discription was taken from TSC's web site:

Traveller® Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid is a specially formulated, premium multigrade (SAE 10W-20) fluid blended with the highest quality lubricating oils and the most technologically advanced additive system. Provides superior protection and performance for modern farm equipment employing a common sump to lubricate hydrostatic transmissions, differentials, wet brakes, hydraulics and final drive gears.

/ hydraulic fluid #5  
Your local fuel and oil supplier will have it in 5, 55, 250, and 500 gallon containers. How much do you need? :D

/ hydraulic fluid
Chuck, quit driving yourself nuts over the tranny fluid, just go to your local TSC store and look for the Traveller Premium UTF...Many of us use this with no problems (I changed to it last fall...as cold as this winter was, it worked fine)....If you have any leftover after tranny change, you can use it in your front axle....Hill Billy Bob

The following discription was taken from TSC's web site:

Traveller® Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid is a specially formulated, premium multigrade (SAE 10W-20) fluid blended with the highest quality lubricating oils and the most technologically advanced additive system. Provides superior protection and performance for modern farm equipment employing a common sump to lubricate hydrostatic transmissions, differentials, wet brakes, hydraulics and final drive gears.

Can't do that Bob, wouldn't feel right about it, at least not for the first 50 hour service.

/ hydraulic fluid #7  
I've looked all over for the Kioti recommended hydraulic fluids.
Texaco TDH OilExxon Hydraul 560Exxon Torque Fluid 56Pennzoil Hydra TranzMobilfluid 424BP TracTran UTHShell Donax TDCitgo Mystik JT-5 Universal

I can't find them anywhere. looked in walmart, tsc, advance auto, napa, sears.
Where are they available?
Chuck,
There are tones of threads with the research already done. Here is a link to one I did last year. I contacted Kioti Customer support to verify fluid requirements. There is also full specs to several easy to find fluids. I hope this helps.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...92136-napa-premium-heavy-duty-traactor-3.html

/ hydraulic fluid
thanks for the link from Jeremy Stroud (Kioti Product Support Supervisor). When I called I couldn't get passed Kioti's customer support woman who really didn't seem very knowledgeable.

/ hydraulic fluid #9  
You guys are over thinking this whole Hyd fluid thing.

/ hydraulic fluid #10  
You guys are over thinking this whole Hyd fluid thing.
Why? Everyone is at different skill levels, and mechanical understanding. This is exactly what a forum is for. We are here to help other people understand, or learn for our self.