Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #21  
More update. I have 10.5hrs on the machine. I've taken the mower deck off, and put it back on once. Thats not *that* difficult, but it'd sure be nice to have that drive over auto connect deck.

Took the loader on/off again, this time it went a little easier. I suspect this task will become easier once I make a level surface to stand it on.

I've been doing some digging, mowing and a few other things. I'm still very impressed with the power and comfortable ride of the tractor. I say comfortable, only after I adjusted the air pressure. The dealer had the fronts at 18, I put it up to 20 to compensate for the loader. The rears were at 22 with fluid in them, I evened out the fluid level (one tire was loaded more than the other) and brought them back down to 14psi, much smoother ride.

I will admit, the hydro is a little noisy, I'll be checking all fluids after its first bath/wax on Sunday.

The tractor is so easy to manuver without the loader, and its nearly as fast as my zero turn as long as I dont try to get too crazy with the angle of the stripes in my yard.

Some pictures:

Tractor without loader

It looks like the wife must have put the loader back on while you were getting your camera.

Kidding aside, you have beautiful place.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far.
I just wanted to update this thread with a few thoughts and concerns. I've now got 50hrs on the machine, and I'm ready for my first service.

Overall thoughts on the machine, still loving it. Such a great machine and is so much more capable than I ever thought possible. I'm lifting and moving things that surprise me constantly. The machine is so smooth and well mannered. If you are ever concerned that a SCUT wont be enough, at least on the Kioti side of things it has more than been enough for me and my 5ac. Only a few times have I wished for more, and its mostly been more traction. Never have run out of power.

That being said, I've found a few more things I am not a big fan of on the tractor or that have been maintenance/warranty issues on the tractor.

- Front serpentine belt on the engine squeals when going from idle to full throttle about 1/2 the time.

- PTO Switch lever hard to engage.

- Differential lock is possibly broken, it will only engage if you catch it juuuuuuussstttt right.

- Brake is out of adjustment. Wont hold the tractor on a hill.

- ROPS bar is too tall, needs to be shorter. (I typed folding but didnt meant to. I know my ROPS folds.)

- Mower not the easiest thing to hook up. Rear hooks are a pita to get aligned.

- VERY TIPPY with loader on. Attach the loader and especially a 3point implement and the tractor is one of the most top heavy machines I've ever operated. Take them off and attach the mower deck and/or 3 point implement, and its easily the most stable machine I've ever operated.

- While mowing, the front tires do seem to press the grass down a bit, and if your ground speed is too fast the mower does not seem to suck it back up...leaving streaks of grass slightly taller than the rest.

That may seem like allot of negatives, but mostly just small stuff. The machine needs a quick run back to the dealer to take care of some housekeeping items and after that I expect no further problems out of this machine.

I've since taken the canopy off the machine as it simply got too banged up around my hills and trees, but plan to replace it with a steel unit I'll fab up here at work. I've also purchased a 4' Woods Bush Hog for the tractor, that the little Kioti powers perfectly. Feels like MUCH more than 19pto horsepower.

Here is some mowing action

The wife on the machine giving a very concerned look

And the "new" bush hog. It still needs a zap with the pressure washer.

Last edited:
   / Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #23  
I'm not too familiar with your model Kioti, are you sure the ROPS doesn't fold?
Is the diff lock a pedal you hold down with your heel? If so, you need to keep it held down while engaging rear diff lock.
Is your hog wider than the rear tires?
Ground speed too high to cut grass effectively- slow down to where it cuts better?!
Tippy, top heavy, on what terrain? Hillside, flats?
If you want a perfect cut a mid-mount tractor mower isn't the way to go. You could lighten the front tire load by removing the bucket or whole loader....
ZTM might give better results....

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #24  
You mentioned a serpentine belt. All of our larger Kioti's are a traditional belt for the alternator and water pump. They do require adjustment after your first service. But do you have a serpeentine belt with an automatic spring tensioner?

Also why doesn't you ROPS fold. It looks like it does.? We are confused here.:)

You mentioned a serpentine belt. All of our larger Kioti's are a traditional belt for the alternator and water pump. They do require adjustment after your first service. But do you have a serpeentine belt with an automatic spring tensioner?

Also why doesn't you ROPS fold. It looks like it does.? We are confused here.:)

The rops does fold, but then it defeats the purpose of having rops.

Alright, you got to give me more credit than that.

Is the diff lock a pedal you hold down with your heel? If so, you need to keep it held down while engaging rear diff lock.
Yes its the kind that you hold down with your foot, and yes I keep it held down. In operation, it should lock down after I push it and it should stay locked until I stop or change directions.
No, I was speaking to the MMM I have.
Ground speed too high to cut grass effectively- slow down to where it cuts better?!
Yes, slow down where the mower has time to suck the grass up that has been smooshed by the front tires.
Well it wouldnt be "tippy" on flat land now would it :)
If you want a perfect cut a mid-mount tractor mower isn't the way to go. You could lighten the front tire load by removing the bucket or whole loader....
Well now who in the world cuts with their loader still attached? I always remove the loader when mowing.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #27  
Most CUT's I've been on, and the several I've owned, will only keep the diff lock, locked after depressing the pedal and removing your heel as long as there's a discrepancy in traction, but once it equalizes again, they disengage. All of them have stayed engaged while there was slippage regardless if I was speeding up/slowing down or turning slightly (hard to turn too tightly while they're locked, and not good for them at all). Maybe Kioti's are different in this regard, but I doubt it.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #28  
Most CUT's I've been on, and the several I've owned, will only keep the diff lock, locked after depressing the pedal and removing your heel as long as there's a discrepancy in traction, but once it equalizes again, they disengage. All of them have stayed engaged while there was slippage regardless if I was speeding up/slowing down or turning slightly (hard to turn too tightly while they're locked, and not good for them at all). Maybe Kioti's are different in this regard, but I doubt it.
Kioti's work the same as all the others you have used.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #29  
Alright, you got to give me more credit than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine
Yes its the kind that you hold down with your foot, and yes I keep it held down. In operation, it should lock down after I push it and it should stay locked until I stop or change directions.
No, I was speaking to the MMM I have.
Yes, slow down where the mower has time to suck the grass up that has been smooshed by the front tires.
Well it wouldnt be "tippy" on flat land now would it
Well now who in the world cuts with their loader still attached? I always remove the loader when mowing.

I'm just asking questions the answers to which I was not given by your description. I've assumed nothing, other than your ROPS sure looks like it folds. Your tractor could easily be tippy front to back depending on what ballast you are or aren't using when the loader is on.
I know you were speaking about your MMM, but I asked about the width of the hog you show in your pics.
I've never used a MMM, and probably never will, so I have no idea what common practice of removing entire loader is 'till now - sounds like a real pain.:confused3:
JMHO, but MMM's seem like an implement that tries to accomplish making a tractor into a yard mower, when the tractor is not really suited to the task, precisely because of their weight and other features that make them much better suited to being used as a loader, backhoe, BB, etc. Some tools can't be master of all, and this area is where tractors fall down. On the other hand, towing a gang mower on a golf course is an excellent use of a tractor, albeit a specialized use that works well.
We're glad you like your Kioti, and just want to assist in finding realistic solutions to your concerns. Brake adjustment is easy to do. Why not buy a service manual to do easy things like that- no dealer required.:)

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #30  
That ROPS is clearly foldable. Maybe the OP means that it isn't an option now that he has the canopy?