Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #31  
The rops does fold, but then it defeats the purpose of having rops.

They fold so you can go in and out of garage doors/etc, not for when you're running around. Why is it too tall when you're working? If it is, you're trying to put a tractor where it shouldn't go.

On your next post you asked who mows with the FEL attached....I always did with my LS, and will likely do so with whatever I buy to replace it.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #32  
They fold so you can go in and out of garage doors/etc, not for when you're running around. Why is it too tall when you're working? If it is, you're trying to put a tractor where it shouldn't go.

On your next post you asked who mows with the FEL attached....I always did with my LS, and will likely do so with whatever I buy to replace it.

Where I "mow" in actuality cut with my rotary cutter. Some of the places I go, I need 4wd AND the loader to make sure I can get unstuck on some of this steep terrain. Oh, how I fondly remember the old days of mowing on flat ground with a rear finish mower. Oh, well.:eek:

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far.

They are just too tall when running around, constantly hitting tree limbs and branches. Has nothing to do with putting the tractor where it does not need to be, just too tall. Its nearly 2ft above my head when sitting.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #34  
They are just too tall when running around, constantly hitting tree limbs and branches. Has nothing to do with putting the tractor where it does not need to be, just too tall. Its nearly 2ft above my head when sitting.

Sorry, that simply means you're trying to put the machine in places that are too small for it. People get by with much larger machines and have to deal with the same problem. The rollover structure has to be much higher than your head to work properly so that 2 feet of space is essential. If you're trying to mow under trees and branches attractor isn't the correct machine, something like a zero turn would be much better.

Sorry, that simply means you're trying to put the machine in places that are too small for it. People get by with much larger machines and have to deal with the same problem. The rollover structure has to be much higher than your head to work properly so that 2 feet of space is essential. If you're trying to mow under trees and branches attractor isn't the correct machine, something like a zero turn would be much better.

So why is it that Kubota has a ROPS thats much lower and has been for some time? If that machine was in my same spaces and not hitting branches, but still the same size machine would it mean that the machine is wrong for the job?

I'm sorry, but I dont think that saying branches are hitting my tall ROPS means I have the incorrect machine for the job. Also, many zero turn mowers have ROPS that are nearly as tall as the ones on my tractor.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #36  
So why is it that Kubota has a ROPS thats much lower and has been for some time? If that machine was in my same spaces and not hitting branches, but still the same size machine would it mean that the machine is wrong for the job?

I'm sorry, but I dont think that saying branches are hitting my tall ROPS means I have the incorrect machine for the job. Also, many zero turn mowers have ROPS that are nearly as tall as the ones on my tractor.

Why not do as I do, cut the low hanging limbs off? No problem then, nothing like running at medium speed putting out fertilizer and have the ROP snag a low hanging limb.

Why not do as I do, cut the low hanging limbs off? No problem then, nothing like running at medium speed putting out fertilizer and have the ROP snag a low hanging limb.

Oh yeah I've been doing that over the whole property, but there still seems to be those few that get snagged by the tall ROPS and smack me in the back of the head :)

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #38  
Clearly your ROPS, in conjunction with your seatbelt being worn, is designed to save your life, if or when the 'tippy' tractor decides to flip over, without advance notice.
Seems you either need to elevate your key tree branches, or use something else to trim under them.
It's less about the machine specifically than it is about how you're choosing to use it. What I'm saying is your model tractor may have a high ROPS when compared to other brands or models-probably not a random choice; but it is what it is and unless you defeat it's purpose, not recommended of course, then you have to adapt your use to the specifics of the tractor. Otherwise you may find yourself frequently disappointed. JMHO.

Look guys, you are all missing the point. I'm not saying I'm not using the rops, or that I'm unhappy with their operation. I'm saying they are too tall for some of the low limbs on my property. Who knew I'd incite such reactions when saying the rops are too tall.

Also, I'm well aware of rops and their usage. I'm a construction and ag equipment dealer for goodness sakes, I assure you I'm familiar with the operation and reason for their place on the machine.

At the end of the day, the rops are too tall for my application. The tractor works, but the rops are too tall. I'd be happier if they were lower LIKE ON THE KUBOTA, maybe then they wouldnt catch on so many branches. Until then, I'll keep trimming the branches around my property.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #40  
That ROPS does look unnecessarily tall. But then I went and looked at a pic of my Kubota BX23 (which is approx the same size as your Kioti), and the ROPS on it looks just as tall.