Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #1  

ShowroomShine

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Case IH 55A
Well, like Gary in NJ, my CS2410 got delivered yesterday as well. Guy brought it at 8:00am, and once I saw him I got so excited I forgot to close the pasture gate behind me and one of our donkeys got loose :hide:. All good, got the wife to wrangle him up while I was given the rundown.

The dealer I bought from is right across the street from the place where I work (I work in sales for Case IH). He was excellent, showed me how to use everything and really took time to make sure I was comforatable. He even said to try it for the weekend and if I didn't like it, he'd take it back and rip up the papers.

First picture

After he left, I went to cut grass with it and try it out. This is what this tractor will be used 80% of the time for anyway...and we have some really hilly terrain and I wanted to see how it'd handle it. I started on one of my more hilly portions (one that zero turns can do), and got to it. Deck lift and height setting very easy (I cut at 4"), and the deck is super quiet. Cut is excellent, and I find that cutting in low gear turning 3000rpm's the speed is great. The mower stripes very well by itself, no need to install that stripe kit like I wanted to. Tractor handled the slopes with ease, however the loader made it "tippy" going down hill.

Stripes from the 2410

Thennnnn I tried to remove the loader. Boy what a pain in the butt, mostly due to the fact I have no level surface on my property. I probably spent 2hrs fussing with the loader, until I finally got it off. I will have to figure out something different with this, maybe level a spot to make taking it on/off easier.

The wife came out and wanted to drive it, so I let her take the wheel. She drove it around the property and did some mowing with it. She loved how it drove, and loved that it does not "stink" as bad as when I ran my Deere 318. She was impressed with the machine, and seems happy with it.

Then I took the tractor over to a 1ac pasture that has not been mowed at all this season, it could be used for making hay to be honest so the mower on the 2410 has no business being in this stuff...but hey I'll try. Grass needed 2 passes slowly to cut it down, but the little 2410 powered right through with only a few hundred rpm drop.

Then a problem arose, the 2410 started sputtering and running rough. I let it idle down and it was really rough idle. I shut it down and realized that since the tractor has sat on the lot for a while, it likely has some bad fuel and that could be the problem. I siphoned all the old fuel out, and replaced it with treated diesel. Problem cleared up somewhat, but it still acts like it wants to run a *little* rough at higher rpm. No worries, probably fuel filter needs to be replaced.

After dinner I put the loader back on, and went to go play with that. Loader seems adequate for the size, and was really quick to operate. I was happy with capacity and lift, however the digging ability suffers with the factory edge. I'll try it again with my Piranha toothbar thats on order, probably will help the loader dig better.

Overall, the tractor is an excellent machine. Build quality is excellent, power is great, operation smooth. I think it will serve me well for years to come (wife says I have to keep it for at least 5 years before I get another one).

I did find a few things about the machine I didnt like however. I dont like the floormat, its very slippery and hard to keep your feet plated firmly on. The factory cupholder, useless, its open on 1/3 of the side so the cup wants to slide forward and dump (dumped my beer out, fail). The factory seat, probably one of the worst seats I have ever sat on. Seriously, its that bad. Will be replacing soon. Lastly, the manual shows that the rops fold on an angle (not just up or down), but they dont actually fold at an angle. I'll have to figure something else out with that.

So basically, I called the salesman and told him I loved it and I'd take the machine. He was great about the whole process. He even offered to come pick it up to fix the fuel issue. I declined for now and said just give me a fuel filter and lets see if it clears the problem up, if it does not he can come get it and work on it. He agreed.

I'll be in Monday morning to finish the paperwork. What an excellent machine.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #2  
Congrats on the purchase. My question is, if you sell Case tractors why didn't you buy one?

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far.
I second that!

Case IH does not offer a subcompact, and thats all I had in the budget was a subcompact. Plus, Case IH's smallest tractor is taller and heavier than this one, and wouldnt do well on my hills.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #5  
Case IH does not offer a subcompact, and thats all I had in the budget was a subcompact. Plus, Case IH's smallest tractor is taller and heavier than this one, and wouldnt do well on my hills.

What about the NH Boomer SCUT line? Same company (C/NH).

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #6  
CNH does not offer a SCUT in the lineup currently. Closest is the New Holland Boomer 20 or 25, both of which are much larger than his Kioti.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #7  
Showroom Shine, you have a very nice, good quality tractor. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Harvey

Put nearly 9hrs on the machine since yesterday morning. Used it today to move some horse poo, drag the pasture, make a raised bed garden, used the loader as a ladder to trim some trees.

The machine pleases me more and more. I find the loader much more powerful than I thought it would be, and the tractor is a little goat. I put 9hrs on it, and ran almost 2 tanks of gas through the machine, so I dont find that too bad.

I will say, the hardest thing about this machine is getting used to the operation. Its very simple, but I'm used to running a Bobcat Skid Steer with foot pedals. My brain sees loader, and it still wants me to use my feet to move the loader...which of course moves the tractor. It is interesting. My brain needs to get more used to this thing.

More update. I have 10.5hrs on the machine. I've taken the mower deck off, and put it back on once. Thats not *that* difficult, but it'd sure be nice to have that drive over auto connect deck.

Took the loader on/off again, this time it went a little easier. I suspect this task will become easier once I make a level surface to stand it on.

I've been doing some digging, mowing and a few other things. I'm still very impressed with the power and comfortable ride of the tractor. I say comfortable, only after I adjusted the air pressure. The dealer had the fronts at 18, I put it up to 20 to compensate for the loader. The rears were at 22 with fluid in them, I evened out the fluid level (one tire was loaded more than the other) and brought them back down to 14psi, much smoother ride.

I will admit, the hydro is a little noisy, I'll be checking all fluids after its first bath/wax on Sunday.

The tractor is so easy to manuver without the loader, and its nearly as fast as my zero turn as long as I dont try to get too crazy with the angle of the stripes in my yard.

Some pictures:

Tractor without loader

Mower deck after 3hrs of mowing

Tractor naked

Tractor with just mower

Headlights and dash at night. The headlights are really bright. I dont do much night work, but if I did they would be more than enough. The only thing I'd probably add is some lights to the side and one to the rear.

I got in my new Bxpanded Piranha Toothbar, havent had a chance to try it out yet. Everyone said it was so easy to put in, I beg to differ. It took me over an hour to get everything lined up and holes drilled (maybe the Kioti bucket is thicker). Also, the tabs on either side of the toothbar didnt line up because one was bent.

Now I'm sure it got bent in shipment, but it def made it harder to install. I'll report back on performance next week after I get the loader on.

Also got a Tractor Supply 5' landscape rake nearly brand new for $250. No pics of that yet.

/ Kioti CS2410 Delivered! Thoughts and pictures so far. #10  
Nice little puppy! Good pics. Kioti may have an available reversible bucket edge that bolts right on; I have one on my DK and it stiffens up the bucket/loader and helps with cutting into things like hillsides or piles, whatever.
What exactly is so bad about the factory seat? No support, too hard/soft?
Keep the pics coming.:thumbsup:

BTW, the floormat should become less slippery after some use. I think my dealer's prep guy must have Armoralled mine, it was slippery as snot at first.:confused2:
Try some cornstarch or similar to reduce the shine...