Add Rear Remote

/ Add Rear Remote #1  

blucoondawg

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE w/ loader and Woods 90x backhoe, Allis Chalmers C with front snowplow
Have any of you added a rear remote to your tractor? I have the DK50SE Hydro with the 1 detent remote it came with, at the time I didn't have another added, I was just wondering where I could get the parts to add another on my own and how difficult it is, I added the Woods subframe and hydraulic kit for my backhoe on my own so I figured I would add the remote as well and save myself some money

/ Add Rear Remote #2  
Order it from your dealer, about 275.00

/ Add Rear Remote
are there extra ports somewhere for the added remote to tie in or does it get tapped off of the supply to the existing remote?

/ Add Rear Remote #4  
are there extra ports somewhere for the added remote to tie in or does it get tapped off of the supply to the existing remote?

I had mine added at the dealer.

/ Add Rear Remote #5  
As mentioned, order the second one, (remote valve kit) from the dealer. I added them to my CK30hst, smaller than yours, but I think the same general setup. Not hard to do with some mechanical skills and they come with directions. The remotes are stacked. You would just need to remove the first one, take out the short mounting studs, replace with the provided longer studs, slide your first valve on then the new second one.

/ Add Rear Remote #6  
I had the dealer add the 2nd remote on my DK40 before he delivered it. First time I tried to use it I found that some of the connections leaked. The lines weren't secured to the bracket properly and there was a fair amount of paint scratched off of brackets under the seat where the tech tried to snake the lines into place. Dealer drove the 120 miles to my house, picked up the tractor replaced everything and returned the tractor. Seems the tech that did the job took lots of short cuts with several tractors and was fired. According to the dealer, it is much easier to install the second remote if you remove the seat and apparently the original tech did not do that and that is why the paint was all scratched up and the lines were bent. Dealer said it can be done with the seat still in place, but it is faster, easier and a better job done if seat is removed.

/ Add Rear Remote #8  
Is this true with a cab version, too (just remove the seat and all installation goes smoothly)?

I don't know, I don't have a cab on mine. But the dealer said seat and frame are heavy enough that they have set up a hoist to lift them off the tractor, quickly, easily, and safely.

/ Add Rear Remote
I have removed my seat before to have a look at the range shift linkage when I was having a starting issue that turned out to be a bad relay under the hood, the seat and metal plate it is attached to is heavy but a lift isn't required, a man can lift it, the biggest problem is it is akward due to the fact that the steering wheel is in the way to stand over it well centered and lift it out so a lift mechanism would be helpful. Next time I may rig a pulley to a tree limb I can park under or a garage rafter if I am lucky enough to have a garage to work in by then.