Oil & Fuel UTF at Kioti Dealer

/ UTF at Kioti Dealer #11  
I felt the UTF at my Kioti dealer was inferior, so I opted for the TSC "Traveler."

/ UTF at Kioti Dealer #12  
Hey Guys,

Yep, this is definitely an old thread but it's time to rejuvenate it.

I have a 2007 Kioti CK 30 HST. I was told by the dealer where I purchased my filters for an ALL fluids change to go to NAPA and buy my oil. They cross-referenced the info in the owners manual and sold me 2 ea 5 gal pails of Synthetic UTF. Since then once my tractor gets warmed up I feel a slight chatter in the steering wheel. I called Kioti and all they could do is send me a list of approved oils, some of which are no longer manufactured and said ANY UTF would work. BTW... they also told me to video my problem and send it to the dealer to see if they knew what the issue was. (how do you video a "FEEL"?) I went to a local hydraulics outfit and talked to them. They asked me to raise the bucket, then lower it to raise the front wheels off the ground. Well, it seems to lift loads ok (even when filled with rocks) but when put on the ground it will hardly lift the front of the tractor.

Does ANYONE have ANY idea what the heck is going on here? Does anyone need any additional info?

During my research I found the following info regarding fluids:
-------
Older tractors and collector tractors have separate transmission and hydraulic systems that use fluid from different reservoirs, and need separate fluids for the different systems. So, if you're looking for oil for the hydraulic system that raises and lowers the bucket, you most likely need a universal tractor hydraulic fluid or and ISO-specified hydraulic oil. Your owner's manual should tell you which one is recommended for your tractor. If you don't have your owner's manual, you should contact the nearest dealership that sells or services tractors with the same make as yours. You will need to know the year, make, and model of your tractor to do this. They should be able to look up the manufacturer recommendations for you. Once you find the specified weight of oil you need, you may find that some hydraulic oils are labeled "ISO", and others "AW". These oils are the same weight, but AW oil also has anti-wear properties, hence the name. AW oils are generally superior to ordinary ISO oils for use in older tractors. Below is a reference table that will help you convert oil weight to ISO or AW rating.

In most modern tractors, especially those built after 1980, the hydraulics and transmission draw fluid from the same reservoir. These tractors require a trans-hydraulic fluid. This simplifies things. Different tractor manufacturers have different specifications for the trans-hydraulic fluids that should be used in their equipment. You should always use a trans-hydraulic fluid that says on the label that it meets the specifications of your tractor's maker. There are also universal trans-hydraulic fluids that meet the specifications of most tractor manufacturers.
-------

Now... isn't this conflicting since I'm told to use regular UTF yet my tractor is a 2007?

THANKS to ANYONE who can help shed some light on this issue.

~BubbaSam

/ UTF at Kioti Dealer #13  
Drain that fluid, and refill with Kubota SUDT2. Expensive but it may solve your problem. SUDT2 is the best fluid I have found for my Kioti. Smooth operation, hot or cold. Less noise from the steering when cold for sure.

/ UTF at Kioti Dealer #14  
X2 on the super UDT2.
I have in all three machines and it made a huge difference with the cold temps in the winter.

/ UTF at Kioti Dealer #15  
X2 on the super UDT2.
I have in all three machines and it made a huge difference with the cold temps in the winter.

Yeah, guys are always looking for a cheap fluid to put into their machines. I took the other tack, I am looking for the best fluid I can put into my machine. Yes Kubota SUDT2 is NOT cheap!. But I think cheap fluids give cheap performance. In an old gear only tractor, the cheap fluids are probably fine, but for a hydro machine, I want the best fluid I can get.

/ UTF at Kioti Dealer #16  
I used Schaefer 303 and it works great in my machine!

/ UTF at Kioti Dealer #17  
Kubota sudt-2 for me as well. $21/gal vs $8/gal TSC stuff isn't pleasant, but I want the peace of mind knowing I'm using something very good.

When I did my LS service, I switched from whatever they use to sudt-2. Immediately noticed less HST whine. Not tremendous difference, but enough to tell it was less. Otherwise, everything seemed the same. The Kioti will get same as soon as it hits 50 hrs, but I don't suspect I will be able to tell any difference in it vs the Chevron fluid in there now from dealer.

/ UTF at Kioti Dealer
I don't have a problem paying for extra quality and protection but it's hard to know what is quality and what is dealer/Mfg hype.

/ UTF at Kioti Dealer #19  
I don't have a problem paying for extra quality and protection but it's hard to know what is quality and what is dealer/Mfg hype.

SO TRUE !!!!

/ UTF at Kioti Dealer #20  
Drain that fluid, and refill with Kubota SUDT2. Expensive but it may solve your problem. SUDT2 is the best fluid I have found for my Kioti. Smooth operation, hot or cold. Less noise from the steering when cold for sure.

I just swapped out my factory (or maybe dealer filled) UTF for SUDT2 On my CK3510 at my 50 hour fluid change. It was a little bit of money but most people think it’s worth it I paid $103 each for two 5 gallon buckets.

My dealer sells and uses Mahindra branded UTF even on the Kiotis. I’m sure it’s great but I’m generally a fan of synthetics. Plus the cold weather feedback on the SUDT2 sold me.