3-Point Hitch DK55 3 point lift will not lower.

/ DK55 3 point lift will not lower. #1  

skpax

Tractor
Kioti DK 55
I had been mowing with Brush Hog, then pushing up brush piles and brought tractor back to barn. When I put tractor in barn I could see the Hydraulic Idiot light was on! I parked tractor. Went into house to see what the manual said the light meant (This is first time it has ever been on) I looked up trouble shooting and it said to Check fluid levels. I went out this morning checked Hydro fluid it was good (1/2 way between full and add) I started up tractor, Idiot lite was not lit! raised rear lift it came up and has or would not lower since. Everything else works great? Came in went looking on This forum for issues on lift there have been some where the MLS knob had been accidentally turned all the way and I thought that very easily have happened to mine (I generally have chains laying by my feet). Well that had no bearing on fixing this issue!

Any suggestions? I did go ahead and top off hydro fluid. Checked MLS knob (speed control for raising and lowering rear equipment)

/ DK55 3 point lift will not lower. #2  
So is the Brush Hog still on and the weight from that not letting it lower ? 98% of the time it's the speed control valve . Some thing get jammed in there ?

/ DK55 3 point lift will not lower.
The brush hog is still on. Where the speed control knob is it could easily be kicked stepped on etc. I can turn the speed control knob all the way CW and CC until I hit serious resistance, then I stop. Turning the knob CW you can feel it loosen up like almost out? But the it quits turning? I will this weekend go out pull the seat off and remove the access plate and will take a look at it? I am open to suggestions? Thanks Highgear for your input.

/ DK55 3 point lift will not lower. #5  
Also check your remote levers. I had been using my grapple forks and left the remote lever on to close the grapple. Shortly after I went to hook up an attachment and the 3 pt. wouldn't lower. As soon as I centered the remote lever the 3 pt worked again.

/ DK55 3 point lift will not lower. #6  
The MLS valve ONLY controls lowering speed, not raise speed. Make sure it's rod which connects to the valve and the knob is not loose inside the valve body; if it is you may be turning just the rod and knob without any effect on the valve under the seat. I've spun the knob off with my feet so many times it's ridiculous. If everything checks out you may have a stuck valve. It's not hugely uncommon. How many hours/years on the tractor?
Also make sure no QDs are disconnected at your remotes.

/ DK55 3 point lift will not lower. #7  
Use extra CAUTION while trying to find out what it is . With all that weight of the Brush Hog something might break loose and drop like a ton of bricks .

That is what it feels like when turning the adjustment knob (loose) How much trouble is it to get into the valve body. The tractor is a 2008 I've put 498 hours on tractor.

The dropping is a concern of mine as well. I blocked up Brush hog so when and IF it drops it fall only an inch. Thank you for your concern. It is appreciated. I will be checking out the MLS valve I will also be fixing the seat again? The dealer replaced it after 2 years when the bottom rusted out where bolt holes were. I will add a plate to it this time and re-bolt. What I don't understand the tractor is always kept in the barn when not in use.

/ DK55 3 point lift will not lower. #10  
That is what it feels like when turning the adjustment knob (loose) How much trouble is it to get into the valve body. The tractor is a 2008 I've put 498 hours on tractor.

The valve should be right behind the knob/shaft when the seat/ floor pan are removed. I say should because I haven't seem a DK 55 apart, only my DK 40. Search threads in the Kioti forum about MLS valves and you should find breakdown/repair details.
Do use caution re the brush hog when tearing into the valve. Supporting the hog in its current position may be worthwhile precaution.