grease fitting for LK30 series

/ grease fitting for LK30 series #1  

ron45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
I need a few grease fittings for the main pin housing for the BH bucket. I don't know the correct nomenclature but it's the pivot point the bucket rotates around. It's in a dumb *** place and made of the tin foil equivalent of brass. I bet they used 10 different FELs and it's different on every one. But one can hope. There are no metric thread zerks in auto parts stores that match this one. NAPA thinks it my be pipe threads but very fine what ever it is. Anyone know who might have the right one or at least know what the right on is?

Ron

/ grease fitting for LK30 series #2  
I can't say for sure what those fittings on your backhoe are but the ones on my loader are British Standard Pipe 1/8 inch. so BSP 1/8

You can find them from various suppliers on the internet with a google search, or get them from the dealer.

BSPT Grease Fittings, BSPT Zerk Fittings, BSPT Grease Zerks

/ grease fitting for LK30 series #3  
I've got an '04, 3054xs and the backhoe manual that came with my unit lists all zerks as PT 1/8" ; I take that to mean an eighth inch pipe thread. There are many threads on TBN reference Kioti zerks and their non-standard thread size and tpi. I've never had to replace any of mine to date, and hope not to any time soon. Good luck

Yes but what "pipe thread".. National or British? I bet there are more "pipe threads" in the world too. Why a Korean made tractor would use British Straight Pipe threaded zerks is beyond me. Why not a metric thread? but it is what it is.:)

/ grease fitting for LK30 series #4  
I had one disappear last year and found that a standard, steel 1/8 PT zerk wouldn't thread properly. I finally got some from a Kioti dealer in a neighboring province and they work fine (but a lot pricier than the hardware store ones!).