Oil & Fuel New owner of Kioti LK3054 4WD - how to check oil levels

/ New owner of Kioti LK3054 4WD - how to check oil levels #1  

DavesPlanet

Tractor
Kioti LK3054
I am the new owner of a Kioti LK3054 and I've been searching for basic operator information and I still have a couple questions that I hope you might answer.

How do you check the oil level on the plug above the PTO? Is that plug for transmission fluid? I put my finger all the way in and came up dry.

The sticker under the hood mentions a front axle gear case and front axle diff case. There is one orange fill plug over the right axle and a view port below that which shows fluid centered in the window. Do you know why the sticker mentions two different oil points for the front axle?

Thanks so much for your time!
Dave

/ New owner of Kioti LK3054 4WD - how to check oil levels #2  
First, welcome to TBN!

Your dealer should have went over all that sort of stuff before letting you take possession (if purchased at a dealer). If that's the case, find another dealer to work with from here on.

The plug style fill/check ports should be checked when the machine is perfectly level in all directions (front to rear AND right to left) and they should be filled to the level of the port. Generally you fill them until it starts to run back out the port and cap it up.

I am not sure about your unit, but some 4wd tractors I have seen have a fill port for the center section for the differential, and one at each end of the axle near the wheels.

/ New owner of Kioti LK3054 4WD - how to check oil levels
I purchased the tractor privately, he went over all the operations but not the maintenance. Thanks!

/ New owner of Kioti LK3054 4WD - how to check oil levels #4  
I have a lk3054xs so if they are the same around your right foot is a viewing portal for the hydraulic and transmission. On the transmission between your legs is a opening to add fluid.

Thanks EHR, I don't have the XS, just the LK3054. The viewport on my tractor is by my left foot, and there is only the one in that area, not one for transmission and one for hydraulic fluid. It seems like the fill port on the transmission should be for transmission fluid, and the view port below that point should be for viewing transmission fluid level. I can't find anything to view the level of hydraulic fluid, which would appear to be added via the port above the PTO.

/ New owner of Kioti LK3054 4WD - how to check oil levels #6  
Transmission, differential and hydraulic sump are all the same. The view port on the transmission case side is the only check for all 3 systems

/ New owner of Kioti LK3054 4WD - how to check oil levels #7  
Thanks EHR, I don't have the XS, just the LK3054. The viewport on my tractor is by my left foot, and there is only the one in that area, not one for transmission and one for hydraulic fluid. It seems like the fill port on the transmission should be for transmission fluid, and the view port below that point should be for viewing transmission fluid level. I can't find anything to view the level of hydraulic fluid, which would appear to be added via the port above the PTO.
The transmission case is also the hydraulic reservoir. Its all the same fluid and checkpoint.

Interesting. Do you agree that there is one fill port above the transmission (between my feet) and another fill port above the PTO on the rear? I don't know how to reconcile the idea that there is one place to check fluid levels but two places to pour fluid into the tractor. Thanks!

/ New owner of Kioti LK3054 4WD - how to check oil levels #9  
There are two ports; the rear is fitted with a vent tube(shepard's hook looking affair) and a fill port on the top of the transmission. I found the top of the transmission port to be far more user friendly when I changed my hydraulic fluid

/ New owner of Kioti LK3054 4WD - how to check oil levels #10  
Hi all,

Sorry to jump into this thread but I'm new to the site and have a related question. I've got a late 90's LK3054 and "accidently" poured engine oil into the refill area between your feet. I believe this is actually the transmission fluid refill but from comments above I could be wrong? I have 2 questions, firstly should I just flush the system with a transmission flushing agent, from AMSOIL etc, and then refill with transmission fluid? Secondly, if so how much transmission fluid needs to go back in? I bought it 4th hand and other than operating training I've got nothing else ref user manual. The tractor was only run for a short period of time under low load so hopefully I've not done too much damage.

Apologies again for hijacking and making such a noobie mistake with the engine / transmission oil! :-(

Thanks in advance,