Loader Kioti DK50SE HST FEL Specs.

/ Kioti DK50SE HST FEL Specs. #1  

Wacko

Tractor
Kioti
Hello. Long time lurker first time poster, so here goes.

I Purchased a new DK50SE HSt tractor and FEL. The FEL speed appears not to be as fast as the specs Kioti list. The specs for curling and dumping that Kioti has listed are equal or as fast as fast as my previous tractor but in use that does not seem to be the case. I have spoken with the dealer about it and was told "the tractor performs as designed". I have Contacted Kioti customer support and have been waiting on a call back from them for over two days now.

My question is this, does anyone know the start position and stop position Kioti uses to time the curl and dump of the FEL bucket. I have asked the dealer and they don't seem to know, nor do they want to help me find out.

Thanks.

/ Kioti DK50SE HST FEL Specs. #2  
Hmmmm. I haven't timed mine, but it seems plenty fast to me.

Is this something that is actually impeding your work, or just an exercise?

/ Kioti DK50SE HST FEL Specs.
It impedes my work. As stated, Kioti stated specs are the same or better than my previous tractor but I find myself having to adjust my response while performing functions that my previous tractor performed in a more expedient manner. In dirt moving for instance, with the FEL in a raised and dumped position, my previous tractor performed both curl and lower functions flawlessly while I backed away, the Kioti does not perform both functions together at the same speed.

Last edited:
   / Kioti DK50SE HST FEL Specs. #4  
Mine is touchy about finding just the right spot to curl (or dump) and lift (or lower) at the same time. But I think it's me just not being a very good operator, as I've never had a FEL before.

/ Kioti DK50SE HST FEL Specs. #5  
I don't know what the cycle time specs are so take this for what it is worth. Each cycle time is measured using only that cycle, not a multi-function wear oil flow is getting divided between both lift and tilt. Dump cycle more than likely is using lever to full Right position going into Regen stroke. the time listed might be from bucket parallel to ground or might be from full roll back. Loader specifications regarding cycle times and lift capacities are not locked into the same SAE test criteria that construction equipment is where each company MUST test at same standards.

/ Kioti DK50SE HST FEL Specs. #6  
I noticed when I tested the DK40se vs My DK35se that the loader was slower on the DK40, and of course is should be as those lift cylinders are larger, and it takes more fluid to fill them. At the time I thought My DK35se was too fast!. They cylinders are slimmer and fill quicker and I was just not use to a machine with that type of response. In fact I mentioned it in this forum shortly after I got the Kioti. I had a Kubota L3400hst before and the 7 or so gpm pump just did not compare to the 10GPM pump of the Kioti Dk35se or DK40se.

But the KL401 on the DK40 lifts so much more than KL351 on the DK35se, so there has to be a trade off somewhere. Lift capacity vs speed. I have gotten used to the speed of the KL351 loader now, and would probably think of the KL401 loader as being slightly slow, but my first impression of the two was that the KL401 was perfect and the KL351 was "too darn fast". It is all in what you get used to. Plenty of loaders on some other machines can easily take 10 seconds or more to completely raise the lift.

Could the KL401 profit from having 15 GPM pump instead of a 10? Yeah sure to some people. But to the majority of users it is probably fast enough and then some. If you would hop on my KL351 equipped DK35se, you would probably think, "yeah that is more like it" Right up to the point you tried to lift a ton on the front, and go into relief. Anyway the point of this "book" is I believe it is all in what you get used too.

Thank you all for your replies, this is very informitive information in regards to setting my expectations to what I realisticly should expect from this new tractors FEL. I guess my hang up was that curling and dumping time/specs listed by Kioti is faster or equal to my previous tractor which was a L3400 Kubota and I was expecting the same speed in curling and dumping, where as the Kioti seems painfully slow performing the same functions. The Kubota was like an extension of my body, where as the Kioti is wait for the dual functions to complete.

I love the lift capacity of the loader on the Kioti but wish it would perform to the specs advertise.

/ Kioti DK50SE HST FEL Specs. #8  
Thank you all for your replies, this is very informitive information in regards to setting my expectations to what I realisticly should expect from this new tractors FEL. I guess my hang up was that curling and dumping time/specs listed by Kioti is faster or equal to my previous tractor which was a L3400 Kubota and I was expecting the same speed in curling and dumping, where as the Kioti seems painfully slow performing the same functions. The Kubota was like an extension of my body, where as the Kioti is wait for the dual functions to complete.

I love the lift capacity of the loader on the Kioti but wish it would perform to the specs advertise.

Well, the only way to know for sure is to put a flow meter in line and see if the pump is pushing 10GPM of fluid towards the loader. If it is, then the cylinders are going to do what they are going to do. If you flow rate is down, then start screaming at the dealer for a replacement pump.

Here is a little more history on the tractor. The day I had the tractor delivered I could tell right away the joystick was not right, it was hard to move and it was really hard to push it past the detents into float, also the FEL didn't perform the dual functions at the same time, for example it would lower than than curl seperately but not at the same time when you went into the corner quadrant of the joystick control. I contacted the dealership and could sense in speaking with them that they thought it was user error. They sent out one of their mechanics, I explained to him the issue with the tightness of the joystick and the issue with the FEL not performing dual functions and he agreed there was a problem but told me the tractor was working as designed. So I called the dealership back and said that there is no way the tractor is working as designed. They send out another guy who agreed that it wasn't quite right but he would have to go report to his boss.

Attempting to make a long story short here:
The dealership had to make sure that it would be a warranty repair and came and get the tractor. They said they replaced the joystick and valve housing, where the quick disconnects are attached, and two weeks later I get the tractor back. The joystick moves smoothly but it is still slow and does not perform the dual functions. I call back the dealer and talk to their guy in charge of the mechanics and tell him they did not address the slowness or dual function issue. He says he got on the tractor before it left to be delivered back to me and it worked as designed.

I asked if he checked pressure and flow of the pump and he told me that they have no way to check the hydraulic flow and the machine you needed to do that with is expensive.

The dealership have pretty much washed thier hands of this issue and I am not being impressed with Kioti customer service up to this point either.

/ Kioti DK50SE HST FEL Specs. #10  
Not a total hijack since we're talking FEL specs.

Does anyone know the proper torque for the FEL line hydraulic fittings? I have one that leaks constantly but it seems to be tight. I may have to pull it apart in order to get it stopped.