front chains

/ front chains #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
Are front tire chains permissible on a ck35? I thought I read somewhere that front chains are not recommended by Kioti. I checked my OM, and can't find that statement anywhere. It just says don't fill the fronts.
I'm thinking front chains for snowplowing this winter.

/ front chains #2  
Are front tire chains permissible on a ck35? I thought I read somewhere that front chains are not recommended by Kioti. I checked my OM, and can't find that statement anywhere. It just says don't fill the fronts.
I'm thinking front chains for snowplowing this winter.

I use chains on all 4's with my DK40 and really notice the difference, especially turning on the icy stuff. :thumbsup:

/ front chains #3  
I've run chains on all fours for the last nine Winters with no problems on my CK30hst. Sure does make steering nicer. I run 3/8" link, two link spacing ladder chains on the rear and 1/4" link, two link spacing ladder chains on the front. I figure the bigger link rear will bite in better and let the rear tires do more of the work and the smaller fronts are just enough to keep the front from sliding or slipping when it's icy. If you aren't going to put rear chains on then I wouldn't just put on fronts. That will make the front end do most of the work when conditions are icy.