Question on a part number/serial number issue

/ Question on a part number/serial number issue #1  

blucoondawg

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE w/ loader and Woods 90x backhoe, Allis Chalmers C with front snowplow
Hello all, I was down to the local dealer today looking for a part for my 3 point which was damaged by someone messing with levers they shouldn't have and also to get some pricing on a Woods box scraper, the part which was damaged is called Cover, LWR on the parts list, it is the "lever" which you squeeze down in order to release the telescoping 3 point arms, it was damaged because someone who was apparently checking out my tractor when I was not around was moving levers and raised the arms up which in turn jammed the 3 point against the backhoe subframe and bent the heck out of this part. Anyways the dealer has 2 parts listed numbers T4680-9341 and T4680-9341BB. I don't know which I need, there is a reference to serial number, the first is for ~GS28-00002 the second is HS28-00001~. My tractor is serial LS28-00005 so which part do I need, I guess I don't understand the parts list, I don't know what the ~ symbol means in this case.

On a good note I asked the dealer if they have been moving any Kiotis because last year I had a mechanic come out and fix a relay for me, at that time he said they hadn't sold 1, the parts guy today told me that they have been selling very well and they have not had any warranty problems other than a few very simple minor issues. Good news for me that this dealer will be staying in the Kioti business with them moving so well.

/ Question on a part number/serial number issue #2  
Your machine was made in 2011 if that helps.

/ Question on a part number/serial number issue #3  
"the ~ symbol means in this case."
Symbol preceding the number means - fits up to that number, and earlier.
Symbol after number would be fits starting at this serial number and later production. L is the year build & comes after H so you need the second part number.

/ Question on a part number/serial number issue
Ya I know when it was made, I just don't understand the meaning of the parts list, I can't figure out which part my serial number relates to. I may just pull the good one off of the other arm and take it into the dealer, they did say they would rob one off of one of the tractors on the lot and replace it later if it would fit, that would be the surest way to get the right part.

/ Question on a part number/serial number issue
Thanks Doxie that is what I needed to know

/ Question on a part number/serial number issue #6  
If you ever get a parts manual for your tractor, you'll see this often as Kioti changes or makes revisions to a part. Some references to serial numbers are much closer than yours as Kioti changed something during the production year. Kioti will also use a part for a current year build/model that preceeds prior years but it will fit the prior years.