DK50 front end vibration/shimmy

/ DK50 front end vibration/shimmy #1  

liberty2701

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti Dk50se hst
I just hit 50 hrs on my tractor and noticed that when I load the bucket fully the front axle seems to vibrate up and down causing the steering wheel to vibrate. It seemed to do this since new. Is it possible the ag tires are causing this. It happens in both 2wd and 4wd. Seems to be worse on pavement.

/ DK50 front end vibration/shimmy #2  
I just hit 50 hrs on my tractor and noticed that when I load the bucket fully the front axle seems to vibrate up and down causing the steering wheel to vibrate. It seemed to do this since new. Is it possible the ag tires are causing this. It happens in both 2wd and 4wd. Seems to be worse on pavement.
How much air pressure in the Ag tires?I have ag tires on my DK40 se cab model and add a little more air when I am lifting heavy loads.The R-4(industrial tires)have a heavier sidewall verses the R-1 ags.

/ DK50 front end vibration/shimmy
Tire pressure might be it. Sidewall says max 28psi. The owners manual for ags says 35psi. I put in 32. They had 22psi in them. Not sure who is correct?

QUOTE=coobie;3858312]How much air pressure in the Ag tires?I have ag tires on my DK40 se cab model and add a little more air when I am lifting heavy loads.The R-4(industrial tires)have a heavier sidewall verses the R-1 ags.[/QUOTE]

/ DK50 front end vibration/shimmy #4  
My Ag tires feel like I have caterpillar tracks on when I have a full bucket and cross hard dirt. It is felt each time a lug hits the ground. I have the max air pressure in the front tire so it doesn't have much flex. I don't think you have any problems and really there is nothing you can do about it but lower the air pressure and then you run the risk of rolling the tire off if you have a heavy load and turn sharply. Mine isn't that noticeable without a loaded bucket.

/ DK50 front end vibration/shimmy #5  
This happened to me a few years back, tire pressure was the issue. It vibrated in the front, but it was the rear tire pressure causing this. I couldn't figure it out myself, and my dealer couldn't either, but a call to a tech rep for Kioti indicated it was indeed tire pressure. Not sure if this is your issue, but it at least sounds similar. From what I recall, too much or too little will cause this. It was much more pronounced on asphalt than on grass. I have R4's though.