What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug?

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #1  

Illini22

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti dk40 hst, wright stander zero turn
I had it installed when I purchased the tractor just in case I needed it. Today i took a7-way to 4 flat adapter out of my truck and attempted to push it into the Kioti plug. No go, not even close.
Does anyone have any info on the plug they put on? There must be some sort of additional plug I need to purchase.

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #2  
I had it installed when I purchased the tractor just in case I needed it. Today i took a7-way to 4 flat adapter out of my truck and attempted to push it into the Kioti plug. No go, not even close.
Does anyone have any info on the plug they put on? There must be some sort of additional plug I need to purchase.

I don't know for a fact, but I think someone said it is a European 7 pin standard plug.. why not just whack attack it, and put on what ever you need for a plug?

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug?
10/4 to that. Now I need to start a thread on my steering cylinder? I ripped the boots on both sides.

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #5  
I believe that the tractor plugs are the same as what a semi truck-trailer uses. ;)

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #6  
Some call it a Euro style connector, but I found it is also called a 7 pin AG connector. The type typically found on trucks and road trailers is called a 7 pin RV connector. Hopkins (and I'm sure others) manufactures an adapter to go from 7 pin AG to 7 pin RV.

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #8  
   / What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug?
image.jpgGeorge (and others), thanks for the link. It looks like my 7 pin round female on my tractor has 2 small grooves at the bottom (inside). It doesn't appear the adapter would slide into my plug, as it has a wider single groove.

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #10  
That is an agricultural 7 pin connector that is used to plug in mosly lights/flashers from implements. Round balers are a common use for that on a tractor that size. To my knowledge there are no adaptors to convert it to an automotive style because it is not designed or wired for automotive.