Grading New (used) CK20 owner

/ New (used) CK20 owner #1  

mackroyd

Hi All,

Been a long time reader of the forum from Tasmania Australia, and have finally found and pulled the pin on a used ck20hst. Not many used around here, so ended up buying sight unseen from the mainland (Melbourne). I'm organising it on the boat next week and need to sort out some implements.

We have 3 acres of rough and abused ground, I would like to level this plant lawn and maybe put in a few ponds. I've been considering a box blade, landscape rake, and then a bolt on tooth bar. A few questions:

*What is the rear track size to the outside of the rear wheels (r1s). Speak I can find say 44 inches, but this doesn't seem wide enough. Can anyone measure this?
*What's the best box blade size for clay ground, I've been reading many of the 4 vs 5ft discussions on here.
*What's the best landscape rake size for this tractor an task
*Has anyone had any luck in purchasing a tooth bar in Australia? They seem really hard to come by.

Not sure who's more excited about the new toy, me or the 4 year old son (me easily).

Great forum, thanks for any advice.

Mark

/ New (used) CK20 owner #2  
Spec sheet says 44 inches, it's correct.

My brother has a 20 and it is indeed 44 inches wide, which he says using the loader makes it tippy. We are getting him some spacers made to widen it out.

Sorry I can't help you with the other questions.

Good luck with your new toy, you'll love it.

/ New (used) CK20 owner #3  
Try Kioti.com for all the specs you need for your model tractor. There may be slight different specs if the tractor you have is for use in your country instead of American market tractors.

/ New (used) CK20 owner
Thanks Guys,

So thats outside of rear to other rear? - a 4 foot box blade should work best?

Thanks,
Mark

/ New (used) CK20 owner #5  
I think a 4' box blade is what you'll want, that's what I have for my BX24. The box wants to be wider than your rear track but not so big that the tractor will have difficulty pulling it in harder ground. My 33 hp tractor is using a 5' box.

Congratulations BTW!!

bumper

/ New (used) CK20 owner #7  
Hi mate, there is a guy in Melbourne that sells box blades and landscape rakes! Check him out on ebay! Congrats on the purchase.

/ New (used) CK20 owner
Thanks all for the replies.

I can get a 4 foot box ok, and a 6 foot rake. I'd been reading a few conflicting posts on what width is needed to cover the rears, so I thought I needed a 5 footer.

Still no luck on the tooth bar anywhere in Australia though. Figure this is almost a must for digging in our hard clay.

One more thing does anyone know the size (length) required in a hydraulic top link? I guess from either someone who has installed one, or if someone can measure the top link retracted to extended measurements.

Thanks!

/ New (used) CK20 owner #9  
Thanks all for the replies.

I can get a 4 foot box ok, and a 6 foot rake. I'd been reading a few conflicting posts on what width is needed to cover the rears, so I thought I needed a 5 footer.

Still no luck on the tooth bar anywhere in Australia though. Figure this is almost a must for digging in our hard clay.

One more thing does anyone know the size (length) required in a hydraulic top link? I guess from either someone who has installed one, or if someone can measure the top link retracted to extended measurements.

Thanks!

Shoot MtViewranch a PM and I bet he could tell you.

Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com