Default Engine shuts down

I have a DK40, the ignition switch is starting to give me problems it needs a little jiggle sometimes. But yesterday I hit the brakes and the engine shuts down, has anyone else run into this or are they related?

Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Default Re: Engine shuts down

Maybe it's just a coincidence. But maybe there is a poor contact (high resistance) in the ignition switch and the brake lights took enough current to drop the voltage at the stop solenoid to the point that solenoid released and stopped fuel injection. That's a guess. What year/model is your tractor? This theory would only apply to the later two versions of the stop solenoid (2005 and later, I think).

If your key switch is getting wonky you might try spraying contact cleaner into the keyhole or disassembling, cleaniong, and reassembling the switch. A new switch is in the vicinity of $100. Switch removal and installation is easy, especiallyu if your switch is on the "dash board" vs the steering column.
    Scott
    Kioti DK45S, KL451 loader, Howse 601S cutter, Phoenix M72S mower, Deere BB5072 Box Scraper, Fit Rite Hydro Top Link

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

There are may threads on this. Do a search. Try http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...on-wiggle.html
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by MJL View Post
    I have a DK40, the ignition switch is starting to give me problems it needs a little jiggle sometimes. But yesterday I hit the brakes and the engine shuts down, has anyone else run into this or are they related?
    I sprayed some Fluid Film in mine a couple of years ago and it has worked ever since.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    I sprayed some Fluid Film in mine a couple of years ago and it has worked ever since.
    Thanks for the help I'll pick some up.

Quote Originally Posted by ritcheyvs View Post
    Maybe it's just a coincidence. But maybe there is a poor contact (high resistance) in the ignition switch and the brake lights took enough current to drop the voltage at the stop solenoid to the point that solenoid released and stopped fuel injection. That's a guess. What year/model is your tractor? This theory would only apply to the later two versions of the stop solenoid (2005 and later, I think).

If your key switch is getting wonky you might try spraying contact cleaner into the keyhole or disassembling, cleaniong, and reassembling the switch. A new switch is in the vicinity of $100. Switch removal and installation is easy, especiallyu if your switch is on the "dash board" vs the steering column.
    My luck, I have the steering column mount. I can't complain all I've done in six years is change filters and fluids.

Thanks I'm grabbing a cold one to do some research!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Here is how to take your steering column apart. I took it apart for a different reason, but this will get to your key switch also.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...highlight=lube
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN