New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours

/ New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours #1  

GuyInHuntsville

Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
Hi everyone, I'm new here but I've been reading for a few months now and I just became a 1st time tractor owner. It was delivered Monday of last week. The 1st time I ever drove a tractor was test driving this one. I'm quickly racking up hours on it...Seems like every 30-40 minutes operating it equals a full tractor hour. Maybe I'm pushing it too hard. I'm already at 31 hours and prepping for the 50 hour maintenance and have read here about how hard it is to remove the hydraulic filter...Some people here in past threads have said one strap wrench or another while others have said those broke and suggested something else. Can anyone tell me a specific filter wrench that's proven to work so I could purchase it, maybe at an auto parts store or Amazon? A photo of it or model#? Thanks for reading.

/ New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours #2  
Chain Wrench

/ New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours #3  
I have a Bobcat CT 235 which is roughly the same tractor.

I had no problems with removing the oil or hydro filter the first time through. So, don't be overly concerned or worried.

I used a simple strap oil filter wrench purchased at Auto Zone. It worked just fine. Just go slow and steady and get as good a grip as possible and all will be fine.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours
Thanks Guys and thanks for the reassurance MoKelly. I was worried from reading all those posts. I just called the dealer and the parts guy told me they don't even recommend changing any of the hydraulic fluid or filters because the HST "has filtration out the wahzoo" and it's 1st change out should be at 200 hours. Should I trust his recommendation? He said to just change the engine oil/filter and front axle oil at 50 hours.

/ New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours #5  
Thanks Guys and thanks for the reassurance MoKelly. I was worried from reading all those posts. I just called the dealer and the parts guy told me they don't even recommend changing any of the hydraulic fluid or filters because the HST "has filtration out the wahzoo" and it's 1st change out should be at 200 hours. Should I trust his recommendation? He said to just change the engine oil/filter and front axle oil at 50 hours.

There has been lots and lots and lots of debate/discussion here on whether or not to change hydro oil at 50 hours. You can look it up if you want. I'm not sure it will sway you either way. You just have to make up your own mind.

I did the change at 50 hours.

MoKelly

/ New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours #6  
I changed mine at 50 hours.

Sure, you can wait as long as you choose - but - my feeling is, you can't change fluid and filters too often but you can certainly change them too infrequently.

/ New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours #7  
I changed engine oil and filter, front axle fluid and changed both Hydraulic and HST filters and top off fluids. This procedure was from my Dealer.

/ New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours #8  
Welcome to TC. Your first 50 hour maintenance should of been included in your purchase. I know for a fact my CK30 hst 50 hour maintenance will be done by the dealer coming to my house. The labour is free but I have to pay for the fluids which is fair, at the same time gives me a chance to sit and watch what needs to be changed and the location of all the fluids fills, filters etc for future reference when time comes for me to do it myself. So check it out with your dealer first before trying to do it yourself.

/ New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours #9  
I am like you....tractor newbie. I purchased a used CK20 with 97 hours 2 months ago. The tractor had warranty work at 27 hours then the original owner owned it. The tractor had easy hours on it (mowing, plowing, firewood hauling with a few stumps removed with the backhoe.) All the fluids were changed at that service except the front axle. Being crazy about mechanical maintenance I decided to research all the fluids and replace everything. Glad I did. The hydro fluid was pretty contaminated even though it was changed out at 27 hours. All sorts of stuff came out the drains (small pieces of metal and even what looked like gray RTV). I even saw some metal with orange paint in the bottom of my drain pan. The magnet on the main drain was only half covered with metal (don't think this was that bad). The stuff that came out the drain and was stuck to the bottom of my drain basin after dumping it was a little shocking. I'd change it.

/ New Kioti CK35 HST Approaching 50 Hours
Welcome to TC. Your first 50 hour maintenance should of been included in your purchase. I know for a fact my CK30 hst 50 hour maintenance will be done by the dealer coming to my house. The labour is free but I have to pay for the fluids which is fair, at the same time gives me a chance to sit and watch what needs to be changed and the location of all the fluids fills, filters etc for future reference when time comes for me to do it myself. So check it out with your dealer first before trying to do it yourself.

Thanks K man. I asked the dealer about this when I bought it and he said it was my chore to do the 50 hour maintenance and that they will not ever perform house calls...All work they perform must be done in their shop. It sounds like you have a great dealer and it supports a long held belief of mine that Canadians are nicer than we are down here at least in Texas (hope I don't get slammed for saying that).