Loader Bucket Will Not Roll Forward

/ Bucket Will Not Roll Forward #1  

freewookie

Silver Member
Tractor
JD GT235, DK40SE HST
The bucket on my DK40 will not roll forward. It will go forward three or four inches but no further. I see the hydraulic hoses flexing but still nothing. I've greased all the zerks thinking one of the joints is frozen up. Was working fine the other day then wasn't today.

/ Bucket Will Not Roll Forward #2  
The bucket on my DK40 will not roll forward. It will go forward three or four inches but no further. I see the hydraulic hoses flexing but still nothing. I've greased all the zerks thinking one of the joints is frozen up. Was working fine the other day then wasn't today.

Try unhooking all the hydraulic couplers from the FEL valve under the right step and hook them all back up. (while engine is off of course):) May or may not fix anything but worth a try, doesn't cost anything.

/ Bucket Will Not Roll Forward #3  

Could you have a rock, stick or? Jammed at your bucket pins. :)

/ Bucket Will Not Roll Forward
I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting the valves.

I looked for sticks or rocks but didn't see anything. I took the bucket off so I could get a better look but by that time it was getting dark.

/ Bucket Will Not Roll Forward #5  
When i last had that problem, I had bent the **** out of the rod on one cyl. A big limb got caught, fell out, but had already ruined the cyl.

When i last had that problem, I had bent the **** out of the rod on one cyl. A big limb got caught, fell out, but had already ruined the cyl.

Can't remember hitting the cyl with anything. I was thinking about un hooking the cyl to see if it would operate unattached.

/ Bucket Will Not Roll Forward #7  
Reset the QD's in the curl circuit.

If your line is flexing,and the cyl is not at the end of travel, then the QD is not connected properly

Reset the QD's in the curl circuit. If your line is flexing,and the cyl is not at the end of travel, then the QD is not connected properly
Reset? Sorry how do I that?