Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst)

/ Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst) #1  

Everhard

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti Ck2510
Anyone with a ck20s (manual) using a snowblower? I've been using a blade on the back but have been debating getting a snowblower. But I'm wondering how well it will work given the reverse gear ratios? Wondering if low will be too slow and hi will be too fast? Anyone with experience?

Thanks,

E.

/ Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst) #2  
I have a ck20 but it is hst. I run a 60" Monitor snow blower on it at 540 rpm in low range with no problem. That snow goes way over there- no banks to worry about. I have never had an occasion to run it in high range. It won't go up my driveway in the summer in high range, let alone with a snow blower running on the back.
Sorry I cannot help with gear model.

/ Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst)
Took a look in my manual to remind myself of the difference in ratios between the hst and s, it's significant unfortunately, enough so that I think it might be an issue. In fact it's one of my few beefs with the tractor, while I'm one of those odd ducks that really likes a manual tractor I got to say the reverse ratios are annoying on this tractor.

E.

/ Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst) #4  
Snowblowers and rototillers really shine with a hydro transmission. The ability to infinitely vary your ground speed while maintaining 540 rpms at the PTO is pretty slick.

Since you've got more forward gears than reverse, maybe you could consider a loader mounted blower, or maybe a rear mounted pull-type.

Good luck.

/ Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst) #5  
Does your Kioti have high and low ranges?
My old 790 have a very low reverse gear (in low range)...would have worked well with a snow blower (I didn't get a blower until we moved to Vermont...by that time, I had a reverser transmission).

/ Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst) #6  
Does your Kioti have high and low ranges?
My old 790 have a very low reverse gear (in low range)...would have worked well with a snow blower (I didn't get a blower until we moved to Vermont...by that time, I had a reverser transmission).
Roy,
The CK 20 gear only has 1 reverse gear in high range and 1 reverse gear in low range. Very similar to your old 790.

/ Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst)
Hmmm, can't say I've ever seen a rear mounted pull type before but I'll have a look at that option, you're right that given the gear choices going forward it would work better.
Yes I've got a high and low range - but that's the problem, I think one will be too slow and the other too fast when in reverse. Agreed that a hydro tranny would shine in this application for sure.

E.

/ Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst) #8  
Snowblowers and rototillers really shine with a hydro transmission. The ability to infinitely vary your ground speed while maintaining 540 rpms at the PTO is pretty slick.

Since you've got more forward gears than reverse, maybe you could consider a loader mounted blower, or maybe a rear mounted pull-type.

Good luck.

You might want to talk to your Kioti dealer about the new front mount snowblower. I've been using a 5' Smyth 3pt blower for 8 yrs.on my CK20HST. i've modified it with an ATV winch to turn chute after I built my cab (salvaged golf cart top etc.). But after last years snows here in Upstate NY my neck can't take 2-3 hrs. of looking over my shoulder(I do 6 drives on contract and last year alot of extras in neighborhood).
So I just bought a new CK2510 cab, loader, and front mount snowblower. all my equipment (especially my backhoe) are bolt on swaps from my CK20 to the CK2510.
So I would assume that the front blower will fit up to your CK20G. Your forward speeds are much slower than reverse. BUT YOU NEED front PTO if you don't have it now it can be added( don't know cost). The new blower was $5995, including the mounting kit.
A hydro trans would be much better but you can certaily use a gear, just take smaller width cuts if you bog down etc.
Good luck let us know what you do.

/ Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst) #9  
I am running a CK20s with a front mount snowblower. The blower is a KS54-180FM, the chute turns using the loader hydraulics and I have added an electric chute deflector. Works great, I am on a fairly steep property and have no problems keeping the driveway clear. Do add front and rear chains to enable me to climb the hill even on ice.

The change over from loader to snowblower takes about 1/2 an hour. Once the subframe is on the blower can be taken off or put back on in a matter of minutes. Biggest problem is the loader cannot be used without removing the sub frame, which for me is not a big deal. I also leave the box blade on the back for added weight and to push the snow when necessary.

Of course all of this depends on your unit having a mid PTO.

/ Snowblower and ck20s? (not hst) #10  
Donfi

is that electric chute deflector a kioti kit or after market? I have'nt decided yet if I'll use hydralic or electric on my new one. May boil down to cost and availability.
How do you like your blower?